All Ireland Football Final - An Classico

It’ll be decided in the midfield. O’Connor/Barry v Fenton/Howard.

Gough won’t allow. You saw what happened in 2019 when cooper got the line for fcuk all. Clifford is a protected species especially in Croker and even more so on all Ireland final Day.if a Dub sneezes on him there’ll be a booking .however It is interesting that every member of Dublin panel interviewed over last two weeks went out of their way to shower Clifford with praise.

1 Like

This. These Dublin lads haven’t come back to win a classic All Ireland, they’ve come back to put Kerry in their box and put McCarthy at the top of the Hogan Stand. They’ll murder anyone who steps in their way, Dessie included.

I called Limerick to win pulling up, even though their fans didnt believe it. I call Dublin to win pulling up also.

1 Like

+1. They’ll bring him in warm, or they’ll bring him in cold. Either way, he’s coming in.

If you dont think Maurice had pucks of cut to him, you are very much mistaken.

Colm O’Rourke reckons Dublin want to finish with their strongest team on the pitch

He’ll still be loitering outside hoping to get a signed sweeping brush off Cluxton to go alongside the Hurley signed by Shefflin

2 Likes

Ah Clifford is actually better than him though. He’s probably achieved at least as much as him already in terms of medals and had more great performances which is crazy to say.

Too good for the yella bastard

Dublin are a team in terminal decline but might have enough muscle memory to get it done. Kerry are bang average too but they have Clifford.

It could be a high scoring game. Neither set of backs looks capable of holding the opposition forwards

Ah shur Maurice was on his own ffs!

Milto disrespects the All Ireland Champions by putting them beneath the challengers.

Advantage Dublin.

The Sun is Burning by Luke Kelly was being played on the radio as i drove home earlier. I had to dig this out.

One of the great GAA montages. cc @Cheasty

Just got a ticket.

Hon ta fuck

2 Likes

The main event on Sunday.

3 Likes

I hope ye do it but can only see a Kerry win. Seanie due a big game and I predict a MOTM performance from him.

1 Like

I watched the Dublin Monaghan game with a Dub friend of mine. When I saw Dublin struggle with McManus I feared for them. If they can’t hold a 36 year old who was rolling back the years then they have no hope versus a prime Clifford and OShea. And Kerry have a better supporting cast. Then, the following day I saw Kerry’s backs equally exposed.
It takes me to Dessie Farrell. Is he good enough when his team is matched equally with the opposition to make the changes to win the game? I think it’s a big game for him because normally Dublin will win a game no matter what because they have the better players. I think Sunday it’s a 50 50 and maybe a few in game changes and decisions by the sidelines will be the winning of it.
Is Farrell the man to lead his team to victory when his side don’t have a big talent advantage over the opposition?

Kilkenny MOTM

Dubs by 5

:pint:

The last BOX OFFICE Gaelic football team.

25 years. Christ. Where does the time go?

Remember going over to Corofin for the homecoming. Could hear the roar from Tuam when the team arrived in the stadium. There was an auld buck at the bonfire I was at. He remembered the AI winning side of 1934. Steeped in football lore. As the team bus was passing, Ray Silke got the bus to stop. Just so this man could his hands on Sam once again. It was like a religious experience. Great days.

15 Likes

Ja’s the man