All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

The angriest man on the forum @Mullach_Ide pleading frantically for the data from 55, 60, 65, 70, and 75 years ago when Tipperary could genuinely lay claim to be the Premier county in hurling. Its a long time now though since Tipperary last lead the roll of honour in the mid 1970’s.

That’s a no then, thanks dan.

The most pointless discussion ever.

Even for here, it was just insane. No surprise to see some of the heads in on it.

A big statement in the context of this place

Fantastic stuff here

@ChairmanDan seems to be suggesting that Kilkenny have been very dominant in hurling. Groundbreaking stuff

It’s a low bar for here.

There’s lads playing virtual Hurling matches with lists of names over the last five days while complaining about having no time to mind their kids.

3 Likes

Name agus shame.

Anyone who has gone through these newly released archives up on the GAA site, are they all highlights or are some full matches? Be handy if they were up on the GAA YouTube account rather than just on the website. In fairness they’ve put up a few good quality full matches in recent times.

I went in today. I was very disappointed to be honest. The few I watched were 5 minutes long.

Yeah the one or two random ones I went into were only a few mins long as well. Bummer.

I’ve the Monaghan Tyrone game in 2013 (Sean Cavanaghgate) recording tonight - it’s on In the early hours on Eir.

I’d say they’re putting up what they made available on the monitors in the Museum in Croke Park which were all short highlight packages.

I see RTE are going to run a “classic games” series over the foreseeable future. One of the first games they are showing is Ireland vs Italy in the women’s 6 nations.

4 Likes

It’s been a while since RTÉ produced a good comedy in fairness, good shout.

1 Like

A new low

They showed United v Real in 2003 Champions League last night.

That was some Real team. Guti was an iconic figure in those days.

Was it Guti did that outrageous backheel? I must have a dig for it.

EDIT

There it is

Unrale.

Criminally underused by Spain.

When he got on the ball, he did not dare give it away.