All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Ronaldo and Guti shared a mutual love for shemales.

1 Like

Maybe thats the difference. Genius is never straightforward.

Watched this there.

Monaghan paid the price for a conservative Malachy O’Rourke selection - they had Gollogly, Paul Donaghy and Dermot Malone selected in their forward line and none of them had any interest other than checking the runs of Tyrone players coming from deep.

McManus absolutely tore Dermot Carlin to shreds, Dessie Mone was outstanding - he really should have had an all star that year - Mone is a scrote though, always niggling away off the ball and plenty of theatrics too but what a player and any team would love him on their side.

Cormac Reilly was absolutely abysmal and his overfussy refereeing ruined the first half. Penrose had lost the plot long before the red card and it was looking line he was going to get the line before he did, which was an innocuous enough strike that Mone milked in front of the officials. Great shitehousery from Gormley in making Mone hit himself with his own hand.

Sean Cavanagh was terrific for Tyrone, plenty of big scores at crucial points. Joe McMahon also had a massive game, he scored a stupendous point from about 50 metres out in the second half. It was the older guys doing the business for Tyrone - Cavanagh, McMahon and Gormley were the three best players on the pitch followed by C Cavanagh, McCarron, Mark Donnelly and Conor Clarke were good too.

R O’Neill came on and had a nice cameo near the end, he looks about half the size he is now - what sort of conditioning work has he done? He destroyed himself since then and that appearance was after his ACL injury so that can’t be blamed.

Dick Clerkin came on and hit 5 terribly indulgent speculative wides. Drew Wylie took Steven O’Neill to the cleaners.

Mattie Donnelly and Peter Harte have came on an awful lot since then as they both were very ineffectual on that day.

An enjoyable game, if Malachy had been a bit more daring in his selection I think Monaghan might have taken Tyrone that day but Tyrone deserved it on their performance.

Thought the Cavanagh tackle had happened a lot later in the game than it did.

Kieran Hughes indiscipline would drive you cracked as a manager.

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

Did we bate ye in that one ???

I’m not sure.

Rugby is generally played by British and Southern hemipshere ex pats in Italy.

RTE showed a champions league classy highlights show last night

Man U v Real Madrid in 2003

Barcelona v PSG a few years ago

Ajax v Spurs last year

The rarely seen KK vs Tipp 09 and 10 matches on Eir. Currently 20 mins into the 09 game

KK vs Tipp 09 is the greatest game I’ve ever seen

I had a lovely little tradition of going through a full large bag of Cadbury Eclairs during those games in 2009 and 2010.

That was some rocket of a penalty from Henry in the 09 final.

It was never a penalty

1 Like

Dubious at best. Tipp should have put that game to bed just after half time.

Great games

2 Likes

I see RTE are going to show the Waterford Cork 2004 munster final next Thursday night. Great call, nobody has seen than game in years.

Eir would be as well off taking a particular year and showing extended highlights of the main games that year over a week.

1 Like

The Starbucks of GAA match repeats.

I feel like I haven’t seen the 2004 Munster final in at least 2 weeks

1 Like

Even as a staunch Clare supporter I grow a small bit weary of the 1995 final at this stage. A real tense game of hurling which a bit like the 2009 and 2014 drawn final is shown an awful lot of the time.

1997 was a far better final, it was the 2009 final of the 90s.

Never watched it and don’t intend to either

I wouldn’t mind but when TG4 showed it last weekend it was the RTE coverage they showed so RTE must have had to agree to give it to them

TG4 would be better off showing Club/Under 21 classics from the last 15 years.

1 Like