All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

2014 Munster Club Final would be a great choice.

2002 All Ireland Semi Final, or an extended highlights package of the 2007 Trilogy would be nice to see.

2 Likes

I’d love to see a repeat of some of those epic qualifiers in hurling and football where there was genuine shocks.

The Clarenbridge v DLS game

Lk v Cork 2011 u 21

3 Likes

There are a couple of dozen under 21 matches from the last 20 years which were classics

Galway v Clare u21 semi 2009

Limerick v Clare in 2015 was a cracking game.

Clare v Tipp under 21 munster finals in the 2008, 2012 and 2013 were all great games that went right down to the wire.

The 2014 clash was the best of the lot nearly. And 2009 wasn’t bad either.

Tipp and Cork played a great game in 2010. I’d say six or seven of the tipp team went on to win at least one all Ireland and cork hardly got a player off their side. I think tipp won it in extra time for a finish.

6 of that Cork team from that day started in the A Ireland finals in 2013

Great game alright. Cork were after beating Tipp handy in the senior a few days before. Seamus Hennessy rattled a 21 yard free with the last puck of the game to bring it to extra time

Last year’s u20 Munster Final was excellent, and the previous year’s All Ireland u21

Were any of them any good?

That was some tipp team. You’d probably 3 or 4
Tipp all time greats and 3-4 more very good inter county hurlers and cork still managed to draw with them with a weak enough side.

Tipp had an even better team in 2009 probably and managed to lose to Waterford in the first round

There was a DVD put out of the 2011 All Ireland final with a bonus DVD that had the U21 Munster Final on it. I can’t remember if I actually bought it or not.

Stephen McDonnell, Daniel. Kearney, Conor Lehane, Lorcan McLoughlin and maybe Luke OFarrell could all be considered decent intercounty hurlers who’ve had grand careers. Lehane was only minor at the time and came on as a sub

Nope, not by any stretch

1 Like

I’ll give you Stevie Mc and Kearney alright. I didn’t remember Lehane coming on. That Tipp side was sensational tbf. Where was Aidan Walsh that night? He played against Limerick the following year.

Clarinbridge v athenry Galway county final 2001 i think was live on tg4 i remember, absolute cracker.