All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Upcoming TG4 All Ireland Gold schedule

March 22

Kilkenny v Tipp 2014

March 29

Galway v Kilkenny 2012

Galway v Limerick 1980

2 Likes

Limerick were brilliant that day no bones about it. Shaughs 1st goal was unreal. He was a genius

I just meant the general standard. Maybe because of the commentary it’s hard to get into it.

Thought it was his DJ’ing career that Gilroy or Gavin didn’t like?

It’s a game I never watched back except for a few clips. But it was def Ger canning ‘there’s no stopping done ryan’. Mike Fitz, hickey, Mike o Brian, Geary were unreal. That was a great Waterford side and they came right back and got to 2 points (I think) with about 10 to go, Ken mcgrath was unreal for them

Na last night it had another fella doing. It was a live commentary.

I actually taught it was down to transfer could be wide of the mark on this one tho

1983 football final on here.

OTooles connection with the inner city is more or less an historical one now via the older members. The main feeder school is St Paul’s Ayrfied and after that it’s Priorswood and Darndale from which there’s minimal return. It’s a numbers game now at underage and clubs like OTooles won’t be able to compete with the clubs with more affiliated schools.

Umpires struggling to get the oilskins on.

Saint David’s secondary have plummeted in recent years.
The school was always there or there abouts in Leinster a semi finals FINALS ect

Mullins gone there. I’d say Talty was picking teeth out of his shite for a week after that.

1 Like

Eir sport?

Yes.

Hazley and Tiernan gone now for fuck all.

Referee John Gough was known as John Off in his native Antrim.

3 Likes

With Kerry taking a year off, Weeshie Fogarty was widely expected to get the job of officiating in 1983. John Gough was a bit of a surprise appointment.

1 Like

1983 has to be the best All-Ireland final of all time.

The lads in school use to give talty stick over this incident and get would literally snap.
Brian was a bit of a maverick as a coach for David’s.
Once saw him strike a linesman with a 45 yard flag pole

Duff gone now. Hi jinx.