All Ireland Gold or now to be known as old matches on d’tele

Talty was an unmerciful cunt.

He was a cunt for throwing medicine balls at you for not paying attention.
You could be standing with your back chatting to a lad and he would fire one right between the shoulderblades

Talty is retired from teaching and now works on reception at the GAA centre in Abbotstown. Off the field he is a gent and great craic. On the field or sideline he was a proper nutter

In fairness to Gough how could he not send off Mullins and Duff?

Game on now.

He could have shown a bit of common sense with Mullins. A booking would have been enough

Great and first 2 went to replays as far as I can remember.

Had him for 5 years as a pe teacher and manager in David’s.
He always has time for you and has a good aul natter.
Last time I saw him he was only over a hip replacement

1 Like

Galway manager bizarrely decked out in sky blue jumper and pants.

met him in abbotstown at the reception a few times last few months. a gentleman for a chat anyways.

1 Like

Galway kicked some amount of diabolical wides.

In fairness they weren’t fit to lace Dublin’s boots. In a 15v15 game Dublin were 12 points a better team.

Ray hasely ended up playing for Parnell’s in London. Kicked a last minute 30m free wide in an all Britain final 1987. Mitchels of Birmingham won by 1. Final score 5 points to 4

That was an exhilarating watch. That Dublin team are heroes like no Dublin team before or since.

Was the weather bad out that day or was the standard of football shite

did hazley end up with a big job with coca cola or maybe I am confusing him with Tommy Drumm

Drumm is a civil engineer . Worked abroad a lot .

He upped and left after the 1984 final I think, I’m sure that was his last match for Dublin, I think he went to the Middle East.

Ya . He worked with cousins of mine .

He was definitely in London in 87. I watched the free go wide. If Parnell’s had got the draw they would have hammered Mitchel’s in a replay. It was played on a park pitch in Birmingham with a scattering of snow on the ground. Parnell’s didn’t fancy it.