All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

Whats the point of a sweeper system that leaves wide open spaces allowing teams to score 27 odd points if the backs are running forward at pace. Liam Og looked a shadow of himself today

Davy seems happy enough to have lost to Clare

2 Likes

Very fair assessment from Davy. :clap::clap::clap:

Upon reflection @Appendage will see the error of his ways.

Slaphead knows the score. :clap::clap:

Nobody died** mate.

** can’t be sure tbh.

Davy hopes Clare continue to play a style completely different to the shite he has Wexford playing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We had a very good spell there either side of the goal when Reck went forward to midfield, but the brutal wides when we got it back to 3 or 4 points with around 7 minutes plus injury time left were criminal.

Conlon did very well for them late on. That was a great battle between Conlon and Ryan actually. One of Ryan’s strengths is sometimes a weakness - going absolutely bald headed for every ball - and he can almost strain too much and overrun the ball in trying to win the physical battle to get out in front. Conlon used his frame and experience to ease him out of the way and scored / created two late points.

Our decision making and execution of basic skills like striking the ball to a team mate, line balls and freetaking was below par yet again. We were quite flat and plenty of individuals were off the pace and looked uncertain. We also have a collective ability to do really stupid things at inopportunte times.

Same as last year, we’re short a handful of players and I’d like us to change our keeper and our sweeper - if we’re going to play a sweeper.

1 Like

This here. I know you’re not a fan of the system, I’m indifferent to it myself really, but I don’t blame the system for that abject performance today. Whether you can blame Davy for the poor skills, decision making or still not having a reliable free taker, then I’d accept that. But the system, in this game, wasn’t the biggest problem. Conor Mac performed better than most players and he doesn’t suit Davy’s tactics.

1 Like

Clare never feared Galway

Delighted for @Joe_Player, well done to your lads, I haven’t seen the game but it sounds an easy victory as I suspected.

1 Like

What did it achieve though? 27 (twenty seven) points conceded.

Total lack of options inside.

Conceding puck outs when Clare were under the kosh.

Our sweeper regularly out of position or giving away cheap ball.

May be it’s the actual sweeper is the problem.

8 points and playing a sweeper. Get out of it.

1 Like

Soz. I know you lads like to play 15 behind the ball.

Low blow.

I don’t disagree with that. Murphy passing a ball straight to Kelly is just useless hurling and not a fault of the system. I think we had bigger issues today than the stymied* system

*thanks for advance spelling notice

1 Like

4 points all, what a cracker

What did Davy say after the game anyway?

His proud of the player bla bla

2 Likes

Congrats on the win @Joe_Player and to the rest of my Clare e-friends.

2 Likes

Well done @Joe_Player.

Davy has his AI’s and LK have fuck all. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
“ shit-on-stick tactics “ :rollseyes: