All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

Dublin have Kilkenny at home in the first game. I doubt Keaney will contribute much on the pitch at this stage. He was gone too slow 2 years ago.

@Joe_Player

1 Like

Tipp will win at a canter Joe and Wexford will be the best of the rest.

Cork will do nothing this summer

Listened to a great interview with Derek McGrath on Newstalk earlier. Well worth a listen.

He really is a national treasure. It was great to hear he has taken parental leave again to give it one last hurrah

It’s a joke, pal.

It’s an amateur game. No amount of bullshit waffle can divert from the fact that the vast majority of players are not in a position to make that call.

I wish Waterford the best, but spare us the Derek McGrath bullshit.

Derek is a credit to Waterford

He is entitled to 14 weeks parental leave per child and he has two children.

Everything has been done by the book

It’s irrelevant imo.
I don’t doubt he’s a decent chap, but this is taking the piss.

What next, lads taking parental leave to get Clubs teams winning Co Championships?

Up to each individual to make up their own minds.

I really like the honesty of McGrath and it rubs off on his players. Barron was criticised for being honest about his working career but wasn’t it refreshing?

They speak to journalists the same way they’d talk with their friends.

Any link mate

1 Like

He may very well have a quick summer so he might save some time.

He may also have a long summer into August like he has had the past 3 years

He’ll have to piss or else get off the pot, I don’t think they’ll trouble the top 2 this year and don’t think they’re any better than another 3

I’m not so sure. They have been consistently top 4 and with Devine back and that young flyer they brought on on the AIF, they have possibly, a much more potent attack.

2 Likes

They’ll get out of Munster anyway and after that the championship takes on a life of its own

Devine is a huge addition. Daithi Burke must still be getting nightmares from the schooling he got in Salthill last year

I’d say Burke is dreaming about his medal haul from last year and not too bothered about a league game that they actually won.

4 Likes

Daithi doesn’t do nightmares but it was impressive from Devine none the less. The only concern I’d have for him is whether he could handle good ground.