All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

Himself & Bernie

2 Likes

Nogras own bernie did UNTOLD

3 Likes

Two truly bizarre goals won it for Galway, an Ardrahan lad kicking a goal and the time stood still PJ Molloy goal. A lucky break or two (or a few moments of magic) wins most tight matches.

Mossie whipped off to Tipperary.

Lovely game of ground hurling there.

Didn’t Bomber follow him? Mossie was with Chadwicks and got transferred to Clonmel

Mossie was hurling for Tipperary in 81. Getting whipped off so early in the 80 Final probably hastened his departure. Think Brian didn’t go to Tipperary until 82 and the two brothers hurled against each other in 81 draw and replay.

2 Likes

He did and played against each other in 1981. The day in the rain in Thurles when we came back from 13 down and then hammered them in the replay in the GG in scorching sunshine.

1 Like

Mossie got hauled off for Tipp in 1981 and Liz Howard cried on the Sunday Game at the injustice of it.

Liz Howard would have had that confused South Tipperary/Limerick identity as well.

That day in 1981 v Tipp in thurles is my favorite Limerick game ever . I was just 9 . 13 points down at one stage .

I thought she was a Lorrha woman

Burgess ???

Her feud with Loughnane from 1997 to 2000 was gas . Loughnane was gas .

Niall McInerney absolutley butchered Joe Mc that day. Pulled three times before a ball was near and a good few after it was gone.

Born and grew up in Carrick-on-Suir. Ended up in Burgess later alright.

1 Like

Munster finals in Dubai would suit you lads. Ye’re mad for “sweltering conditions”.

1 Like

They both helped St Marys win their only South Senior Hurling title in 1981.

Her father had 5 all-ireland medals. A good haul for a limerickman

Liz Howard is a native of Feakle, Ger Loughnane was her neighbour growing up.

It’s amusing to look at betting odds when it comes to hurling. Just looking at Paddy Power current short list for hurler of the year, TJ Reid second favorite at 13/2 despite been very average for three and a half of Kilkenny’s four matches to date. Cian Lynch shortest priced Limerick player at 20/1.