All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

He was chasing a Galway back there need the end. It was like he was running in quicksand.

That was some point Joe got after Kilkenny cut it to 1. It really lifted Galway. Wexford needed something like that to stop the Kilkenny momentum in Nowlan Park a few weeks back.

1 Like

Henry proud of a Kilkenny team that’s just lost a game by 7 points.

Winter has come.

14 Likes

Is he still a full time hurler?

1 Like

Galway beat Kilkenny 2 or 3 times in that game. Any time kilkenny had a little period of dominance Galway responded with aplomb and blew them away.

1 Like

Joe is a gobshite of a man

3 Likes

They were only toying with them.

1 Like

They were toying with me anyhow.

3 Likes

I disagree. Limerick should be well able to match it, this is what they’ve been preparing for for the last 7 months.

1 Like

RTÉ had the semi final draw wrong on their graphic there imagine

1 Like

Not as simple as that. Limerick got a huge kick in the hole below in Ennis which has dented confidence, it had to have. Last night was a nothing game, in fact they’d have been better off playing no game. Kilkenny have improved over the last 2 games hugely.

Did Michael Lester not retire?

Limerick will have to improve by a good bit from anything they showed thus far to beat Kk . The Leinster finals were a lot better than any game in Munster this year .

You’re fairly blinkered when it comes to Limerick.

1 Like

This is Michael Lyster’s last championship season. He’s retiring / being retired later this year.

1 Like

Bit of a weird game. Looked like we could be annihilated at one point. And it’d be deserved given the amount of ball we fumbled and badly struck that directly resulted in scores for Galway.

The scoreline somehow flatters both sides. A little bit more precision from us and it would have been a totally different game.
E.g. 5 minutes left, 4 points down long ball comes into the Galway box, Luke Scanlon has a clear chance to catch 8 yards out running into space. If he catches it, I think its a big goal chance. Instead it’s fumbled and cleared.

Credit to Galway, they were good enough to take the chances that appeared for them. Galway are still worthy favourites but they’ll have to bring two good performances to retain.

Will be very hard for us next week, especially if we don’t have Walter.

3 Likes

Cyril saying the same here… KK have come on leaps and bounds. The standard today is way above anything Limerick have faced.

If kk play limerick, do galway get them again in the semi?

No

1 Like

I’m sick of them now.
Johnny Glynn running right out of steam in that.
Three dodgy goals, a few strange decisions, and we still won, but worrying enough.
Still think it is wide open.