All Ireland Hurling Championship 2018

I could be wrong but I dont think they’re senior. We’ve played them in a couple of challenge games this year and we drew with them a few months ago and beat them recently and we’re not senior level in Kildare.

I see , strong football clubs in Carlow town so maybe they playing against the wind a bit.

Looking on carlow gaa site they have an intermediate team and a junior team. No senior.

By my reckoning next Sunday will be the first time Kilkenny will have played a championship match in Cork.

1 Like

Very poor attendance today.

2 Likes

It was. I wasn’t expecting any more tbh.

Richie Hogan got a lovely goal .

25k today. 40k last week. Reasonable enough i think

1 Like

stating the obvious be a bonus if they could get a players for the county senior team out of the town

Could have kept it in the province and had it in Portlaoise.

Carlow Town have been a shambles for 15-20 years. There was a lot of infighting/politics that went on there for years, club blazers running the show. Lot of good people walked away. Some of those blazers have moved on in recent years and some small steps are been taken again at underage level. The pool is small enough in Carlow without a strong club in the town. Down the years they always contributed.

if they fielding 2 adults teams surely a capacity to kick on?

Are ye seriously talking about hurling in fucking Carlow…

Mannion for mom here

with the benefit of hindsight yes but no major harm done

yes they are Liam McCarthy cup team in 2019

2 Likes

Carbon copy of the 2012 Leinster Final today.

They should and I expect they will. Carlow Town were winning county titles in the 70’s and 80’s. Last one was 1988 and they lost a rake of county final in the 90’s. Lot of the Eire Of football team that dominated Leinster club in 90’s were good hurlers.

The worrying development last year was Naomh
Brid after conceding a succession of walkovers dropped out of senior ranks. Think a lot of their best hurlers like a lot of 20’somethings now had gone to Australia.

1 Like

Kilkenny didn’t pull it back to two points in

Ffs…