All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

I’ll bait him with facts, then bate him with my cap

2 Likes

The Wexford crowd always bay for blood. Elite level roasters in fairness

The lads would want The Rock’s ICONIC point v Limerick all those years back rescinded for running through someone on the way out.

The players must be wicked frustrated with the putrid style of hurling they’ve been asked to play. You could see that frustration bubbling to the surface yesterday with ROCs wild pull on Murphy and O Hanlon’s red card

Wexford want to reinact the actions of a Cloyne knuckledragger who didn’t win the match in the end.

Gas

1 Like

Ye beat us by a few points in thurles alright a few years ago. We beat ye like a foxy stepchild in wexford park the year before that…

I fondly recall two unmerciful hammerings doled out in croke Park in the early noughties

Cork never feared Wexford. Wed love to meet ye in a semi final though. Ye are great oul craic and the big red sun burnt scaldy flat accented heads on ye

9 Likes

The top sides (limerick) manage to get the same intensity and swarm into their defensive system without having to commit everyone back. Wexford need to leave at least two up. The top sides (limerick) would ate them alive if they kept pucking ball down on top of a sweeper like they did yesterday.

4 Likes

Guys, I never mention referees but Horgan missed the blatant pick up off the ground when we were 4-2 up. Poor Davy went apoplectic. Gave the free against ROC then when the defender emerged with the ball. Reid caught the long free in and popped it off to Mullen for a point. 4-3 when it should have been 5-2, as Chinner was knocking over the frees in the first half. But I really don’t think it’s becoming to talk about referees, even though we’ve been on the wrong end of it against both Dublin and Kilkenny with Horgan in charge. Little, nuanced things that only the likes of myself, @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and a few others identify. But sure look it, it’d be churlish to go on about it so I don’t mention referees.

Every team in every sport does that tbf

Agree rating. We need to evolve a little bit to win the All Ireland.

Can we expect pride to kick in at all from Clare today @Big_Dan_Campbell or are they resigned to going out with a whimper.

Surely a kick in them. Wouldnt surprise me if we needed to rely on tipp to do us a favour

Having to play that system against the worst KK team for 25 years must be demoralising

Some amount of scores ye conceded last night were from ye passing to a Kilkenny man

You’ll always have a chance against Kilkenny with a Tipperary referee

9 Likes

It was the main factor but I’ve heard few analysts blame it on Carlow match which is wrong

Carlow was also a factor. Had they hammered Carlow like you’d expect, they’d be facing into a Leinster final now.

The system limerick play now is similar to Kilkenny’s GOAT team and Galway’s set up.

Wexford’s ser up yesterday was again frustrating. Foley was more ineffective than usual but apart from Murphy our backs were more than capable of beating the lad they were on.

Obviously having Foley there allows us to attack the ball with a bit more comfort but we are getting crucified (not literally like) when he lash it up to a 1 v 3 scenario.

And for all our defensive positioning there were a hape of uncontested KK shots on goal when we were AWOL in our own 2nd quarter of the field.

You’d imagine anything other than a 10-15 point win for Tipp against a tired, and seriously depleted Limerick team will have Sheedy considering his position