All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

I would agree with this sentiment to an extent. Gillane seemed more interested in letting the whole world know he was being fouled than attacking the ball and for a finish the ref got fed up and stopped calling the frees. Id say heā€™d 4/5 one on ones with his man and won none them.

Fascinating insight there, if it were 18 months ago :smiley:

2 Likes

Exactly this ā€¦ Gillane should be used to it now and he just stopped. Fair play to Cadogan, really got inside his head ā€¦ he has his limitations but he will battle to the end. As the Cark boys I was travelling with said, heā€™d destroy his grandmother if he had to.

1 Like

A superb athlete, got everything possible from himself, it was a privilege to see him defend in the second half yesterday, regularly made up yards of ground and followed with textbook defending

3 Likes

:rollseyes:

The Limerick lads are mainly concerned this morning with what the galway lads are thinking.
Itā€™s an unbelievable sausage hop, quite lovely to behold :relaxed:

6 Likes

Itā€™s ok mate you tried to offer something, have a pat on the head and a nodding smile from me.

Ellis was surprisingly good too ā€¦ Downey will be a fine hurler in time - needs to fill out a bit and with Oā€™Leary as well - two good additions.

I offered something that was said after a recent club game. I donā€™t follow Limerick club hurling so it was a new insight for me you weirdo

Bad breeding in that club, pal.

Explaining is losing.

:rollseyes:

I miss the traditional Limerick magnanimous victory statement of ā€œwe walked all over the cuntsā€

7 Likes

Still time for that pal ā€¦ early in the year - letā€™s not get carried away here.

Sure he gave O donoghue a nasty poke in the balls last year in the corresponding fixture. His cough was well softened yday

1 Like

What Limerick needed was some short arse 5ft4 lad to start showldering some big 6ft5 Cork lad. It was the winning of the game last year and was badly missed yesterday.

3 Likes

Sure sign of their regression

+1

The cunts walked all over us.

Cork with Cadogan and McDonell back in the team now have a bit more depth than they had this time last year. Cahalane, McDonnell, Oā€™Mahoney and Joyce to cover the backs and maybe someone like Millerick may well force his way in over the summer too. While all of them have their limitations they are as good as anything the other counties in the Liam McCarthy have in reserve to cover the defence.

If Lehaneā€™s injury isnā€™t all that serious and he is back in three weeks it will be interesting to see who loses out. Meade played well yesterday but he may be the one to lose out. But him and Kingston are nice lads to have off the bench. Much better than the likes of Robbie Oā€™Flynn coming on trying to turn things.

For all that Cork are accused of being soft they have some tremendous leaders and when they get on top they are a very hard team to counteract, full of hard running and slick interplay. Very hard to chase a game against them.

Tipp look very slick but their backs have yet to be really tested. Their economy in scoring is still something else and they have the firepower to blow teams away in short spells. Will be interesting to see how their back line will hold up if a team can get a foothold against either their half forward or half back line and run at them or take them on with direct hurling. If the backs hold up then it hard to see who will beat Tipp who look worthy all Ireland favorites at this point but I would question the depth of the panel if they were to lose one of the Mahers or Barrett through injury.

5 Likes