All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

You only have to look at the jerseys to see that.

1 Like

I’ve said it a few times but I think you have to admire this cork team, and myler. For some reason there seems to be no respect for them, especially from limerick fans, but they seem to be getting the most out of the players they have available. Is it 4 semis in a row they’ve reached and two in a row Munsters, they’re a smashing team.

Only for the ref Cork would have beat Limerick in the semi last year. Not sure why anyone wouldn’t rate them. At full flow they’re a joy to watch.

2 semis in a row? I do get your point though, very unlucky in ways not to have gotten to more All Irelands since 2013.

In what way did the ref ride Cork in the semi??

Up the arse.

7 Likes

Bare back

2 Likes

A draw in Parnell Park wasn’t a great outcome for Kilkenny yesterday. If Galway win in Nowlan Park to wrap up first place in three matches like last year, you’d imagine Galway will field a very weakened team in Parnell Park last day. A Dublin win there would probably get Dublin to 5 points. Kilkenny would them have to avoid defeat in Fortress Innovate Wexford Park last day to advance.

Galway are at nothing this year Geoff.

8 Likes

Seems to be the case sadly.

I hope it’s wrong, but fear it’s right, and would only be mildly surprised, though severely sickened, if we don’t get out of leinster. Could give anyone a rattle in a knockout game, and I’m not entirely certain that having Joe out won’t actually help us, like it did last time, when we had to survive without him, played better as a team, and his return iced the cake, but you always expect disaster following galway, and are rarely disappointed.

Glennon starting shows where we’re at.

1 Like

Nolan park could be a spark thats needed to ignite the group. Something is certainly needed.

He’s one of Galway’s top forwards, he ‘shows’ for the ball so deserves to be starting

“Showing” for it, taking 3 touches to get it under control before dropping it short is good enough to get you on the Galway team.

7 Likes

The Limerick v Clare game looks to be the biggest of the game remaining looking at the permutations.

Going on the assumption that Waterford lose all four games, if Clare beat Limerick then Limerick would be eliminated regardless of a win v Tipp in the last round. As one of Clare or Cork would finish on a minimum of 4 points with the other on 6 (barring a draw in their final game) and both teams would have the head to head against Limerick.

Limerick will be looking for Clare to beat Tipp and then beat Clare themselves. That would leave 4 teams on 4 points going into the last round of games and winner take all for Munster final spots.

Clare can conceivably lose to both Tipp and Limerick in the next two rounds and beat Cork to qualify for the Q/Fs if Limerick beat Tipp in the last round, or there could well be a three way tie between 2nd and 4th to be decided by scoring difference if Tipp win all four games.

Its a very small sample size to judge it on but id imagine if the format stays the same over the next five years or so we will see the team that has a bye week first will be severely disadvantaged. Its a small sample size but both Waterford last year and limerick have been hammered in their opening games. No easy fix but It isn’t ideal.

they need to get a sixth team into Munster to remove the fixture bias. these byes and some teams playing 3 weeks/4 weeks in a row makes a kind of a lottery of it.

Waterford got fucked over last year, we did this year, Clare as well to a lesser extent this year.

1 Like

Waterford and Tipp were fucked over last year. Limerick.don’t have to play 4 weeks in a row.

2 Likes

These simpletons haven’t a fucking notion of how the format works this year, take a breath lads.