All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Forking Bale silage will always help with that.

1 Like

Hes a bully, insecure about his place on the forum so lashes out at newcomers.

Try ignore him mate.

6 Likes

Thzts nothing to do with Limerick folk.

I could tell :laughing: A misfortune

Are you still bitter about that? You sad little cunt.

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: that’s rich coming from the chap who’s carried a grudge against Cork his whole life :smiley:

3 Likes

By god, you really are a dullard.

I alluded to this a month ago. If you are standing still then in reality you are retreating fast. Limerick seemed to have evolved very little and that’s a major worry. Kiely has been very slow to use subs and being honest I think he’s a poor selector of a squad in general. I don’t get the balance of our bench at all.

This is turning out very similar to kielys attempt at retaining the under 21 in 2016

If the Munster fixture sequencing continues as is in future years, with each round of fixtures in 2018 moving forward a round for 2019, ie, the match ups for Round 2 of 2018 were Round 1 for 2019, with Round 1 for 2018 moving to the back of the pack for 2019, Tipperary would start with an away game every year up to and including 2022. The good news for you is they’ll have a home game to start the campaign for five successive years from 2023 to 2027 inclusive.

However this sort of sequencing would apply to all counties.

Waterford would start with home games from 2019-2023 inclusive and start with away games from 2024 to 2028 inclusive.

Limerick would start with away games from 2020 to 2024 and home games from 2025 to 2029.

Clare would start with home games from 2021 to 2025 and away games from 2026 to 2030.

Cork would start with home games until 2021 inclusive, but then start with away games from 2022 to 2026 and then home games for the five years after that.

Leinster however have not utilised this fixture sequencing for 2019 compared to 2018, with Rounds 1, 2 and 5 being the same match ups as last year, with Rounds 3 and 4 swapping places.

This I imagine is because Leinster has a whipping boy team in the way that Munster doesn’t have and the Leinster Council want Carlow, Offaly or whoever to have a bye in the final round. Waterford however are making a decent stab at becoming the whipping boys of Munster in round robin play so far.

1 Like

Maybe they could let Offaly play in Munster to balance things out.

:joy:

The post about letting Offaly into Munster to “balance things out” reminds me of an infamous incident of legend in 1998 when Tipperary played Babs Keating’s Offaly in a challenge match. Offaly turned up with less than a full team. Tipperary gave Offaly a loan of Aidan Ryan and possibly another player to make it 15 v 15. Offaly went on to win the All-Ireland, though neither Babs Keating or Aidan Ryan were part of that set up come the business end of the championship.

1 Like

An Offaly player was asked why Babs left them in ‘98, his reply was “due to illness and fatigue”, he was quizzed further on his answer and he said “we were sick and tired of him”.

4 Likes

Alot of bloodied half hurls left strewn across the epitch after the weekend. A few lads still reeling after it… its going to be a long summer. You’d wonder will some lads survive it at all.

2 Likes

I’ll open your enose you ekinvara ebollox.

1 Like

I think you’ve put your finger on a weakness since last year there. Our inflexibility allows opposition to dictate most of the match ups to their advantage. Hannon wasn’t marking anyone last week and cork had the wit and time on the ball to play around, they basically made our best player redundant. Clare will do the exact same, we can’t allow that to happen again.

Right lads, could ‘Hoggy’ be the greatest player since the turn of the millenium not to win an All-Ireland?

Hogan is magician. When cork really need him in the big games he tends to do a disappearing act. Had a heap of easy wides v limerick last year in the all Ireland semi final.

He’s still a class act though, and has turned up in big moments too. Should have won the AI in 2013 with a dramatic winner, and nailed a difficult free in injury time last year against Limk. You’re right though, there are times when he goes missing