All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

How do you explain KKs success so since 2000 considering the vastly smaller population in the county compared to all other participants in the championship(Carlow aside)

It’s not just since 2000. It’s from the early years of the 20th century when hurling supplanted cricket as Kilkenny’s favourite sporting pastime.

Tradition, culture, obsession and almost a near exclusivity of sporting focus on hurling. There’s what 35-36 hurling clubs in Kilkenny and almost all pitch into the county team. Kilkenny never afraid to let a player from a senior or a junior club have a go.

1 Like

6 of the last 9 limerick senior hurling championships have been won by teams from the City Division.

14 of the panel come from the City division. A majority

3 of the panel come from the West Division. Not great but not a wasteland.

I understand where you are coming from, but it is not possible to have a relegation playoff across provinces and still maintain the provincial championships.

If Kerry won the Joe McDonagh, then they would have a relegation/promotion match v Waterford. I think that is the best that can be done within the current structure.

Carlow have done relatively well but are unlikely to win a single match and have a pretty poor scoring difference. Playing Joe McDonagh cup is not beneath them.

My point stands . 1 club has won 5 of those titles . Na P are a dominant club but have a gigantic pick even hovering up from Clare . The game is struggling in remainder of city . . The well although in the city division are not a city club .

While there are three from west of panel no one can seriously suggest that the game is strong in the division. . Adare are the only senior team and they are in decline . The teams in intermediate are all struggling .

Ah yeah. Agree with that. I was just trying to make a point more than anything.

As regards Carlow, I think they have given it everything and have the capacity to hold their own at this level. Relegation at this point will do them more harm than good. Unlike Waterford at least they tried.

Karma for taking the goat out of the championship. Delighted for the cunts

3 Likes

you’re doing a lot of explaining

What about the club’s, bro?

They shoild hand the game back to the clubs

Cody is a knacker tramp who programmed a pack of knacker tramps to play the man and not the ball.

3 Likes

I have to

anyone have the munster final venue for the various likely combos

Did we hurt a few of your girls along the way to being the best hurling team that ever played the game??

1 Like

Jim Bolger reckons the Wexford team he grew up watching were better

From what I gather, if Limerick were to play Tipp or Cork, it’d be on in Limerick
If Tipp play Cork it’s on in Cork
Clare vs Tipp could be either.

Anything Jim Bolger says about hurling, I’ll agree with

5 Likes

Comment of the day :wave:
To disagree with Jim Bolger about hurling is to admit you know jackshit

1 Like

Clare v Tipp in Limerick
Tipp v Lk PUC
Cork v Lk @ GG
If a Real Final in cork

why would Tipp v Limerick be in PUC?