All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

McGrath is the sort of cunt who uses the word cognisant instead of aware. I dunno how many meetings Iā€™ve been in where the biggest spoofer in the room is almost guaranteed to use that word.

15 Likes

Even spoofers donā€™t use that word for fear of drawing too much attention to themselves, only cunts use that word.

2 Likes

Reminding me more and more of a young Joe Canning in that they canā€™t figure out how or where to use him so that heā€™s impacting a game consistently and not on the fringes.

I think his head isnā€™t in it. I remember the 2017 all ireland. In the final 15 minutes he barely touched the ball. It was like he was dizzy. Hasnā€™t been the same player since imo.

Iā€™ve had doubts about Ozzie/Aussie since he did an interview saying he couldnā€™t deal with the pressure of being Hurler of the Year. Alarm bells started ringing for me when he said that.

For the greats that award drives you on, gives the confidence to go out and perform again and again. It seems to have crippled Gleeson though. He has hardly picked a ball in the championship since the Cork semi final in 2017.

2 Likes

Maybe he just likes ground hurling.

The worst HOTY winner of all time. Caught a few high balls against Kilkenny and wins it. An absolute disgrace

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be one to put the boot into McGrath but since heā€™s determined to keep himself on the stage and constantly remind us of " his time with Waterford" I think he deserves a fair bit of criticism. Anyone else who had previously served as their county manager would be very slow to comment publicly on the current set up regardless whether they are an analyst or not and certainly if their own tenure was deemed to be less than successful

5 Likes

Iā€™d say a lot of ex-managers love putting the boot into their replacements the first chance they get. From Galway I canā€™t think of one that has resisted, Cunninam, McIntyre, Loughnane and Conor Hayes love doing it. Canā€™t speak for other counties though but when Davy retires heā€™ll let Wexford, Clare, Waterford all have it, so he will.

Weā€™ll fucking let him have it back, so we will.

4 Likes

I think heā€™s a bit naive rather than spiteful.

All in love with the sound of their voices. Mattie murphy, Noel Lane (who was shafted for that buffoon Hayes) even squirrel who had the gravitas and opportunity never drove the boot in that I can recall

That tipp hoor macintyre was never shy of sticking the boot in after.

1 Like

Baba Keating was the original bitter ex manager

Apparently De Burca and Gleeson are refusing to tog out for Waterford tomorrow night. Donā€™t know how true that is

Whatā€™s the supposed issue?

Gleesons Mrs is a friend of a friend and if I was him Iā€™d be spending as much time with her as possible.

Presumably with management you would feel

Spoken like somebody who has no clue about the opposite sex, the kind of thing a 14 year old would say

I donā€™t want to open up a can of worms but can anybody inform me what happened between Tony wall the great tipp centre back and some young Kilkenny forward in an all ireland in the 60s? I was listening to two auld lads arguing did wall hit him on purpose when the Kilkenny lad lost his eye. I may have got some details wrong but id appreciate if anybody could fill me in.