All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

What was the twitter thing and the Ian Kenny fiasco?

When he was dropped from the panel and few of them started tweeting bring back Kenny. Just nonsensical rubbish.

Maybe in a once off game but that Galway team have hardly found a new player since 2017 that’s improved them. Kk team is young but weak on paper. Imo they’ll struggle. Galway maybe hoping to slip in an all ireland semi and just give it a rattle.

Kenny was dropped in a rather harsh manner just before the Munster club final. I think Hogan was too but got brought back after the Ballyhale match.

It was at this point the ballygunner contingent left the Waterford WhatsApp and in the immediate aftermath of the Munster club final, the entire ballygunner team including their county players got the hashtag #bringkennyback going on Twitter.

A clearly calculated attempt to undermine fanning.

Decent of them in fairness not to take a jersey

Players strike me as a bit precious. Losing the heads over the dropping of a fringe player. Too mollycoddled under Derek. For a team so dominant in the county, Ballygunner haven’t contributed a huge amount to county set up.

3 Likes

I’d agree. Kenny barely got a sniff under McGrath. Same with Hogan although he was injured a lot.
Hogan did get called back on the panel after the Munster club final.

Hogan has had any number of chances. He has the look as a club player of a fellow you think could make the step up but is not able to make the jump.

Kenny, O’Keefe, Coughlan Mahoney x 2 and Hogan are 6 who’ve been involved in last 2 years. Hutchinson was there years back.

Brian O’Sullivan and Speedy Power the two who probably should be there but have chosen to focus on their more illustrious club careers.

The likes of Barnes, Hayden and Billy O’Keefe while very good for ballygunner probably not quite county standard.

1 Like

David O’sullivan was on the panel a few years back too. Work commitments in Dublin ruled him out.
Shane O’Sullivan was on the panel up to last year from 2004.

Correct. Ballygunner have always had serious representation.

It was wrong to drop players in the middle of the Munster club.

Thurles Sarsfields were seething when something similar happened to Aidan McCormack the week of a Munster club match a few years ago

@Big_Dan_Campbell why doesn’t Shanagher start anyway? Surely worth his place?

As a galway supporter, that’s all we ever hope for.

Did you ever see Robbie Power play? Played for us for a year or two in Manchester. Fantastic hurler in a big game. I think he was offered a trial a few years back, but declined.

Clonea?

No idea tbh. Waterford lad though.

Yeah I think that’s him - wing forward? A few years since I saw him but he was light and a tad one sided, bit of pace

Too one sided and one dimensional at present. Hasnt really found form since coming back from the cruciate injury. Still very young though, not 22 yet.

He gave me an awful roasting one day the prick.

1 Like

He’s going to a Barbecue at Derek’s tonight.

1 Like