All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Good grief. I thought only 1 lad in KK could have a head with that shape

How in the name of God could you confuse Mick Fennelly and Brian Hogan.

I was nearly sure I heard the main commentator say they were going down to the sideline to Brian Hogan. And he appeared to have a narrow head with a weirdly long neck too so I assumed it was him.

Itā€™s interesting that kk team barely said a peep for 15 years and now tyrell, Shefflin, tommy Walsh, fennelly, Delaney and Eddie Breenan all are working in the media in some form.

2 Likes

Reminds me Paul Scholes and Giggsy. Had fuck all to say for 25 years now they are an expert on every thing

4 Likes

It was Brian Hogan dont mind the boys they are only winding you up

1 Like

Fanning is obviously not up to it but Gleeson hasnā€™t been any way consistent since 2016. Heā€™s not a player that needs a system around him to succeed either. He has shown at his best that he can win puckouts, has the power to go through anyone and has basically all the skills of the game off to a tee. Its not Fanningā€™s fault if he canā€™t catch a ball anymore

He has bulked up too much imo. He doesnā€™t have that much mobility or agility anymore. He certainly looks to have lost a decent amount of pace. He waltzed through Cork defense in the early part of his career for spectacular goals, one each in Thurles and Dublin. He displayed quite a bit of dash back then but nothing in last 2 years. Winning HOTY was the worst thing that happened him. It also acted as affirmation to Derek McGraths anti hurling tactics in that young players could thrive and be successful in his system.

2 Likes

I used to quite like Derek but heā€™s coming across as an awful cunt in the media lately

2 Likes

He wasnā€™t consistent in 2017. He showed a few brilliant flashes like the goal against Cork but overall he was quiet enough

He didnā€™t even get an All Star in 2017 which for a player of his quality for a team that got to the All Ireland shows that he wasnā€™t that great

No. If they beat Cork.

Ive mentioned to hurling cognoscenti friends of mine over 18 months ago that we have probably seen the best of Austin Gleeson.

2 Likes

Except for those ppl who havenā€™t got it or canā€™t afford it- pensioners etc

No pressure whatsoever. We are All Ireland Champions. Remember that.

Money Money money

Until September

Not to go all kev on you, but a fella I know who plays club hurling in Waterford said similar to me recently.

Its a massive pity if that is the case as thereā€™s not been many hurlers Iā€™ve ever seen with as much talent in all facets of the game

The final is in August pal.

1 Like

Iā€™d imagine Cody will not talk to any of them at the 25 year reunion.

2 Likes