All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

He has all the talent in the world but I donā€™t think he has what it takes upstairs.

1 Like

How twee

1 Like

Bullshit

Wonā€™t happen. Next?

Understandable. Three years is a lot. The three in a row will be tempting though.

Christ our full back line was awful. Thankfully it didnā€™t matter but if Cadogan plays like that against a decent team we are screwed. Meade MOTM.

2 Likes

All the better Cork to take it off ye earlier :laughing:

Could be worse, you could have had John Mullane there failing to convert his thoughts into coherent sentences.

Limerick by 4+ tomorrow :facepunch:

ā€¦are you actually suggesting Oā€™Leary should be dropped for McDonnell?

Not sure if he was that consistent in 2016 mate. Sure he was hooked in the Munster final for stinking the place out*

*Every Waterford hurler was shite that day, I know

**[quote=ā€œFagan_ODowd, post:4321, topic:26717, full:trueā€]

Ive mentioned to hurling cognoscenti friends of mine over 18 months ago that we have probably seen the best of Austin Gleeson.
[/quote

I was chatting to a few Waterford folk last Sunday regarding Gleeson. Fwiw they all said winning hoty and yhoth went straight to his head and he thinks he can do no wrong.

Knownig him thatā€™s not the case. But his head is gone. And if he and we(in Waterford) are not careful thatā€™s probably it for him. He is staring over the edge.

Iā€™m not passing judgement either way. I have no intimate knowledge of Waterford hurling or indeed Gleeson. Iā€™m just saying what was said to me.

Certainly wouldnā€™t describe Luke Meade as awkward. Fabulous first touch, very intelligent player

3 Likes

When you say head is gone, do you mean he is mentally fatigued from it all? Pressure, expectations etc? Sounds like he could do with fucking off travelling for a while.

Declan Hannon was a similar story in Limerick. Absolute bags of talent underage, burst onto the scene and soon had the expectations of a county on him. He had a very public nightmare day in Croker 2013. After that he was a shadow of himself. Then Kiely took over and put him in at 6 and ended the debate where to play him. He got a lot of help from Currid and in 2017 you could see he was coming good again. He was unbelievable for us last year and in my opinion is the most stylish centre back in the country and such an important player for us. A new man. Gleeson could do worse than give him a ring over the winter for a chat.

Things arenā€™t half bad enough for us yet we love a gossip. Part of our problem I suppose.

Oh fuck off Mike. This is why everyone hates limerick hurling.

Exactly that.
And yes, he is fucking off for the summer.

Limerick are fucking box office ye cants