All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

TG4 wheeled out the wonderful “ri ra, agus ruaille buaille” about a bit of handbags in the wx kk game.

Was talking to a fella close to the Cork set up at a golf outing there recently. He was telling me they had a serious training programme ready to go for after the Limerick game in the league. They basically wrote off the league. He was delighted with how it went for them, giving lads game time with a view to having a panel (he said the lack of a decent panel was their downfall last year).

They’ve no stone left unturned looking to close the very small margin between them and Limerick.

Liam could be going back to the banks in August I’d say.

2 Likes

I have a feeling limerick could well end up playing cork in senior hurling at least 3 times this summer.

1 Like

Met a brother of a Clare player at a benfit night last week. He is a sound lad despite he is from Clare. Anyway he said that Clare have been heavy training all through the league. No let up for games. They have one objective and thats to win the All Ireland. After a few drinks he said that Gillanes comment about Limerick not wanting to be like Clare in 2013 - one and done - cut them but also has reignited their desire. So Clares poor showing in the league can be consigned to the dustbin.

1 Like

Herself’s cousin is involved with Douglas … more or less said the same. Said Cadogan is doing savage work and looks very strong. Think they know it’s shit or bust for a lot of these lads this year - Hoggie, Harnedy, Kearney, Nash, Cooper — all been around a long time now. I’m expecting a massive year from them.

1 Like

It could be a replay of 2013 AI Final Clare v Cork without Davy

Clare are By far the most settled team — The trio of Galvin, Kelly and Conlon the best in the business on their day.

Have Limerick more left to give? seems like they were flat out over the league - might have another 5% in them?

Yeah I met a fella after the match yesterday who said Waterford had done a very heavy training session on Sunday morning before they got the train.

4 Likes

Waterford will have learned an awful lot more yesterday than Limerick. fact.

If you think thats the best Waterford can produce you must be naive. Playing them below in Walsh Park? We will be lucky to get out of it alive

I know a few of the Ultras are planning to attack the Griffins bus carrying the Limerick team.

Gleeson and Barron strolling around the pitch … they were almost dialling it in.

Limerick are near peak now so it’s a big worry - teams like Clare and Cork didnt get out of second gear all league. Waterford more or less just used us as a sparing partner yesterday.

1 Like

I was talking to a fella from Cork with brothers and sisters in Clare, Tipperary and Waterford. They’ve cousins in Kilkenny and Wexford, an uncle in Galway and know a fella “close to the Dublin setup”

They were all saying that they weren’t taking the league seriously and were focused on the championship by doing half-marathons up a hill on the morning of league games.

Limerick will be playing in the Joe McDonagh next year.

3 Likes

Conlan is the only one who always does it. TK and CG drift in and out .

I was talking to a fella from Cork there at lunch in the canteen. He said he had a good weekend.

1 Like

Dont believe a word they say to you.

I was talking to a fella from Hyderabad there at the weekend and he was amazed that Limerick had gone so gung-ho for the League, that they would be absolutely in pieces come May and that you’d never get that kind of carry-on in Telangana.

1 Like

I have it on good authority from one of the lads in the Clare camp they were working hard to get a system in place for Munster. The term he used was we strolled through the league and had done a session in Tramore the morning of the Waterford game.

People must remember tipp won the league last year and look how they went in the championship. It means nothing. Limerick were a point better than kk, cork and Galway in last year’s championship in normal time. If all those sides find 2 or 3 players to improve their teams it’s going to be very tough for limerick.

TNH

3 Likes