All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

True. I was a bit harsh on Tyrone maybe

Are Sky showing both Leinster games or what’s the craic here?

Think they are showing one , on Saturday

The games are on at the same time on Saturday evening. I’m not sure if they’ve announced which one they’re televising live. I don’t think they have red button functionality for their agri sports - there was uproar last year when some qualifier bog ball game went to extra time and they missed the first half of Kilkenny v Wexford - and I doubt they’ll show both of them.

1 Like

Wexford Kilkenny

1 Like

I don’t understand why the games are on at the same time.

It will be great for the great Irish public to see tipperary and limerick second teams in action :sunglasses:

1 Like

Bit of a last day of the league season vibe. Presumably they don’t want any funny business with teams knowing parameters in advance and agreeing on a result / margin that would suit each of them.

Sporting integrity

Obviously not the case this year but Waterford or Carlow for example could be waiting for a result to qualify so it’s kind of pointless.

1 Like

So the biggest weekend of the hurling season so far and RTE deem it not important enough to show two of the games. Games where potentially Galway and Cork could be knocked our of the championship. We will of course be treated to four hours of coverage of the Munster and Leinster finals (two hours of which is listening to the Clare simpleton talking about eating a bar of chocolate), games that in the grand scheme of things mean fuck all. What a shower of useless clowns.

2 Likes

Sky have the rights to half of those games.

They obviously don’t have rights to the two games not been shown.

FAO of Wexford supporters @Appendage, @padjo, @Gman, @Wexford1996, @wexico14, @Mac, @Monkey_Allen, @Scrunchie, @Pikeman, @stevie_G, @croppy_boy, @count_of_monte_crist and Humberside slapheads with an affinity for Wexford @artfoley -

Are you prepared to take a bloody nose on Saturday night? I said it before but I was seriously taken aback by the vitriol dished out by Kilkenny supporters to our manager and players in the games last year.

These cunts were full of patronising platitudes when they were beating the shite out of us every year, but it’s a different story now they’ve come back to the pack and after we beat them a couple of times in 2017.

They really revelled in beating us in league and championship last year. There was some bastard at the league semi-final at Wexford Park about 6-8 rows behind me literally shouting verbal abuse at Davy Fitz for the entire game. I bit my tongue at the time as 1) I didn’t want to embarrass my auld lad by getting involved and 2) I was afraid as I’m a weak fighter.

But I’m not going to stand for any intimidation and meekly bow down to them this time. We need to win the stand and terraces on Saturday night to give our team a platform. Much like the Limerick lads won the INTERNET before the All Ireland Final last August.

For too long we’ve been affable and soft old Wexford. Take everything with good humour and grace. Well no more. We need to sort these fuckers out on Saturday. We need to sort them out good and proper.

15 Likes

They have the rights to one of them. The one you want to see, I’d wager.

Just checked the Sky schedule and they have the rights to both Leinster championship games on the 15th, so assume RTE have rights to both Munster games on the 16th. Hopefully will get at least deferred coverage of the other two games, the schedule is frequently updated during the week.

Sky will show one game Saturday and RTE are showing 1 game Sunday.

That’s your lot.

It may not be, I’ve seen several instances where games are added during the week, usually deferred.

Kilkenny fans are usually of the gormless harmless types, think of the likes of @fran, @cluaindiuic, @Locke, @Piles_Hussain, @the_mixer_walsh, @corner_back, @Malarkey. If you were out in the pub and saw them coming over to you, you’d almost feel sorry for the cunts. They get a bit over excited at games then too, they hate Davy Fitz because he tries to get the best out of players, intimidates opposition, roars abuse at the ref and is always going onto the field of play. I mean, there is obviously no other manager in the history of the game as antagonistic and as egotistical as Davy Fitz? Not that I can think of anyway.

Getting the upper hand over them in the U21 for a few years, being more than competitive with them at senior level, they dont like the uppity strawberry pickers thinking they are a match for them. They’ll be spitting and frothing at Wexford Park on Saturday. Always claim to be this county that respects hurling and all that tipping the cap bullshit, but the cunts are the worst shower of bastards for booing and being a right gormless shower of naive cunts at games.

Fuck them. If I see you @fran, I’m going to kick the shit out of you. Cunt.

24 Likes

Kilkenny by at least 8

2 Likes