All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Okay lads. I’ll save ye all a lot of time here, there are advantages and disadvantages to be being in the semi final every year with no game played.

2 Likes

Barry Keane?

Nonsensical argument from a renowned simpleton.

Hurling in Galway was at an all time low in the 60s, the county was football mad. The valid comparison is with Tipperary in 1972-1987 when they hardly won a game let alone an All Ireland. Galway hurling from 1975 onward was indistinguishable from the 60s, it’s like comparing Offaly of today to the 80s/90s.

3 Likes

I didn’t say there was evidence over Munster, it’s just what I was told. It had no relevance to modern hurling really and the two points I raised above, galways record since joining leinster and the better record of teams who played and beat Galway in semi finals haven’t been touched by anyone, can anyone debate them properly?

To answer your sneering tone question, (and I’m sorry the only argument you could make was you’d say) I would pick the round of 32, this is the whole point, this is why Galway wanted into leinster. Why, I wonder did wexford try and block it?

Post up Tipp’s Munster record from 1972 to 1986 like a good chap.

Which time period?

OOOOOOFFFFTT!

1 Like

If you think that was sneering then you’ve some huge issues. Anyway, plenty of others for you to shout your opinions at.

Some bad beatings, some close matches, but you can’t explain why Galway were able to beat Munster counties shortly after? Based on this you’d imagine we win one game every ten years

Round of 32?
It’s hurling :grinning:

You’ve the monkey’s dancing to your tune in jig time mate

because they’re shit.

Why didn’t Galway come back into Munster where they’d have less travel?

1 Like

So youve no evidence or points bar ‘you’d say’ Christ almighty

It’s pretty sad if I have to explain your flawed logic to you, go back and read your own post. Your math is based on muddled logic, always leads to false conclusions.

fuck sake, are you going to be a stupid cunt too over it? I compared it to an equivalent competition where you have either 5 games to win or 2. By that comparison it makes it a round of 32 stage.

1 Like

You really come across as a fool with this post. Not dribbling over yourself to the extent @Watchyourtoes is, who isn’t far off a rebrand, but not great at all

1 Like

I got the numbers right -

I presume your are referring to the similar/worse curve?

Going into a knockout match cold against an opponent with matches under their belt is a disadvantage

Getting a bye to an All-Ireland semi-final and not having to play a provincial championship where you’ll probably lose is a much bigger advantage in the context of the championship as a whole

1 Like

I really, really, dont care enough to go start researching the history of Galway hurling matches over the past 100 years. But if keeps winding you up enough to say Galway had a huge advantage and only had to win 2 games to win a final then I’ll go with that reasoning for the craic.

Why not do an open draw where everyone has the same opportunity? Galway have long advocated it, Munster counties have fought it, for what? The magic of the Munster championshi, it’s a bad joke this year and winning it the last two years meant little to cork