All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Steady on there now with the comparisons to Kilkenny. If I were a neutral Iā€™d have Tipp slight favourites to beat us this year at this point in time.

I think Limerick have it in them to control tipp like their bitch and beat them by ten points on any giving day. Tipp look like they have to bust a gut to make their performance happen, Limerick are doing it for fun. So simple at times. Reckon we could really see 3-4 all Irelands with this crop.

I think a reasonable and amicable conclusion of all this is that Limerick and Galway are roughly equal and then thereā€™s a step down to tier 2B to the likes of Clare, Wexford, and Waterford.

1 Like

MUNSTER MUNSTER

Low lie, the fields of castletroy

No.

Wexford and Dublin have more AIā€™s than Galway

Itā€™s the big three
Limerick
Wexford/Dublin
Galway
Clare/Offaly
Waterford
The rest

My point exactly. Tipp at their peak in 2009 were a match for the ā€œgreatā€ kk side of 2009, which some consider their greatest ever.

They took the Limerick soup.

You canā€™t keep it pucked out in this thread.

Dublin :joy:
Were there any players actually from Dublin on the teams that won in the 20s and 30s?

We are equal in the fact we have three more All irelands and ye had a bye to the semi final most years @anon78624367 @dodgy_keeper @Copper_pipe @Watchyourtoes @balbec @anon61878697 @Elvis_Brandenberg_Kr @Esso_Oil @anon61956325 @iron_mike @Onthesod @Peejaymc @anon32894817 @Smark @dodgy_keeper @FlakeAway @grapes @Julio_Geordio :fu::fu::fu:

5 Likes

Are you already comparing limerick to those two?

I would say that this is probably the only time weā€™ve had lads come up properly through the system Flatty. These lads have been together probably since under 14 at least. There was proper communication and nurturing done as the age levels progressed. Up to then it had been very much haphazard. In fairness to TJ he probably got caught somewhere in between the end of the old regime and the beginning of the new one at senior level. As well as that there was very little upheaval behind the scenes once Kiely took over. Up to that if there was even a sniff of success, everyone was heading for the trough before a ball was hurled. I always maintained that the 00 to 02 u21 successes were more down to coincidence rather than any purposeful work at under age. There just happened to be a crop of 15/20 players who happened to be fairly talented at that stage. Of course we all know what happened there and bar getting to a Munster and AIF in 07, fuck all was achieved. Typical Limerick, the hype machine was in full flow before a game was played. The 2010 strike was the Nadir and I would imagine that the likes of Jp probably threatened to pull the plug if things didnā€™t change. The relative success of the football team probably didnā€™t help either in the mid 2000. In terms of comparing them to Kilkenny, theyā€™re nowhere near comparable. In real terms (all slagging aside) theyā€™re probably more or less in the same place as Galway and only time will tell if either can add to their haul

2 Likes

And on the few occasions ye got out of Munster and met Galway ye were usually on the losing side, 2018 the aberration for well established reasons.

The way hurling is gone now, Limerick probably have the most physical hurling team of all time, with the extra strength and fitness teams have these days, you are watching the best hurling team of all time. Hurling is gone more professional, kilkenny struggling to get to grips with this.

Limerick have played Galway on 11 occasions, winning 6 and losing 4 with 1 draw.

*in fact.

Galway have lost 60% of the time to Clare
63% of the time to Dublin
55% to Limerick
31% to Offaly
91% to Waterford

The only team Galway have a positive record against is Offaly

giphy%20(19)

1 Like

Worst day on a thread since I joined TFK, genuinely painful

2 Likes

stop-hes-already-dead-gif-1

1 Like

Easy to spot the teachers on this thread, fuck all done, fuck all to do.