All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Nothing against Galway, but if word was to filter through to Innovate Wexford Park that Dublin were winning easily enough, it’d really be making of this game.

As it stands, I think Galway will win handy tonight so both Wexford and Kilkenny will get another day out regardless

Ye never had one

The Munster championship has been buggered up by how bad Waterford and Clare are. Limerick are treading water, Tipp are surprising themselves even and no one knows what Cork are actually capable of. It’s been shit in parts (the ones involving Clare and Waterford) but I can see both teams running out on August 18th being from Munster. Leinster is just a lot closer with Kilkenny raging against the dying light, Dublin putting it up to everyone but never quite getting there, Wexford doing everything in their power not to realise their potential and Galway acting like the school bully who’s been called out by the class clown. I’d fear for any of the Leinster teams if they come up against Cork, Limerick or Tipp.

1 Like

Two things:

1. Dublin are never going to be winning easily enough. Dublin are Limerick '94 with 5 minutes left. They don’t know how to win.
  2. Nothing, nothing will have any bearing on events in Innovate Wexford Park this evening other than the goal of beating Kilkenny. No one gives a shit about anything else. No one fucking cares about results elsewhere, war breaking out, the baby jesus reappeaing or UFO’s landing in Roscommon. All this could happen at the same time, but all we give a fuck about is bateing Kileknny. Which we’ll do.
    And @Bandage beating the shit out of @fran
2 Likes

Exactly. It really is a good argument that we should get rid to the provincial system. The likes of Carlow, Waterford and Clare should play off in a round robin before entering a proper championship

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Morey brought into the corner. Jack Browne will pick up a yellow in the first 5 minutes on Cadogan

What does that mean in terms of galway?

I think you might have just found the solution there kid. The non traditional counties, likes of Waterford, Galway, Clare, Carlow, Dublin and Tipp should have to play a round robin series of matches while at the same time allowing their county players play away with the club’s. After a month or 6 weeks of games when they find out who the least 2 shit teams are send them on to play the big leagues with in the All Ireland series proper

It means they basically haven’t a clue what they’re at and are on the way to being dumped out of the championship with a hammering.

Thats wexford bro

Two minutes and you were gone last weekend. A team that should be lording it over everyone. Let’s face it, you’re at nothing without Joe. And that’s understandable, you can’t expect a team so reliant on such a wonderful player and force to be the same without him.
Given some of the mental stuff coming out of you lot on these pages this week, ye know it as well.

Beating Kilkenny in nowlan park is at nothing… That would constitute the best year in wexford hurling since 1996. True we should have beaten the utter dross in salthill but the wind fucked that one up.

Also two minutes and gone where? Qualification was always coming down to the last match

I hope Sky do live “in game updates” tonight of the match from Parnell Park during their coverage of Wexford - Kilkenny.

A little “as things stand” table in the bottom corner every 15 minutes wouldn’t go amiss either.

RTE probably won’t even give scores updates from Ennis tomorrow. “Tune into The Sunday Game tonight to see did Clare respond after last weeks defeat.”

3 Likes

Word is there is more than Jim Bolger questioning the wisdom of their patronage in light of Wexfords current style of play

No surprise to see Lynch dropped, his form had taken a real step backwards this year. Kiely knows he has to shake things up, wins over teams that laid down and died but got filleted when they came up against a half decent team. That won’t cut it against the big guns in high Summer

Word from where Laz?

Blackwater

Stop fucking deflecting it back to us. My resoect and admiration for this Galway team is on record on these pages. But (while I was over the moon for Limerick last year) it shits me that you haven’t kicked on. A team full of big men and big hurlers, you should be lording it over everyone but you’re not. You look rudderless at the moment. I would love to see Galway win this year (assuming Wexford don’t do it, which, alright probably isn’t a goer, but who gives a fuck so long as we bate Kilkenny) but you won’t playing the seemingly handicapped hurling you’ve been playing all year.

1 Like

Say no more :wink:

1 Like

I often forget that while we are busy in mid afternoon with things to do @Fitzy is busy getting hammered on some aussie red wine. But when I see his contributions on weekend hurling I am then reminded of his situation