All-Ireland Hurling Championship 2019***

Who was the ref last night?

Tipp Guy. Horgan.

1 Like

Any Dublin and/or Galway folk at Parnell Park last night?

What were the 2-3 minutes like after full time and before the result from Wexford came through? The Galwegians must have been aching for news. There were surely auld lads with earphones in or maybe even a lad with an old school transistor radio shouting out the latest score to nobody in particular.

Superb for Dublin naturally, but a win for either team in Wexford would have put them in the final. Great scenes on the pitch immediately after full time but any tinge of disappointment when third place was confirmed? Probably not as the win in isolation must have been fairly epic.

Commentatorā€™s eye from 3 weeks ago.

3 Likes

Heā€™s probably the best hurling referee at the moment which doesnā€™t say a lot about the standard of IC refereeing

1 Like

A woefully inconsistent referee.

1 Like

The refereeing was consistent on the day. It led to a brilliant game to watch, and resulted in a fair contest. Canā€™t complain really.

You said it.

1 Like

I just shook my fist agressively at the Limerick team bus on Liberty Square. This is war.

12 Likes

Itā€™s essentially a friendly rubber. September will be war. I canā€™t wait to see that oneā€¦
Edit - August

Not the point I was making at all.

That was an act of desperation to try and stop a goal, completely different to the frustration of the Wexford players

Your some knacker for posting that.

You ready for your bating @carryharry you jumped up grease monkey, six toe cunt ya

Fuck Limerick

2 Likes

I completely understand the point you were making, but, playing hurling, you know some refs blow for everything, and some for very little, and accept it as long as itā€™s fair for both teams on the day. I donā€™t mind inconsistency between referees and games, once it is consistent across a single contest.

SNA working today?

1 Like

Thats simply not good enough at this level of competition. That was one of the worse displays of refereering i seen yesterday. Fact that he was arguably shite for both teams absolutely misses the point. It is displays like that, that infuriates players. Guarantee you that what was let go yesterday would be called a free in leinster final under different ref. Refs cant just ignore the rule book.