Clare v Waterford 2013
Cork v Clare 2013
Limerick v Cork 2013
Tipperary v Waterford 2012
Tipperary v Cork 2012
Tipperary v Waterford 2011
???

etc. etc.

Munster championship hurling under the previous format was, by and large, dogshit

And go back to when it was knockout and you’ll also find Munster championships littered with games which were dogshit

2 Likes

Galway best Carlow by 5 points . The others nailed them by double digits . That’s why Galway hurlers are going to be able to go on the lash on race week .

I’d still give no shorter than even money on whether Galway will have their senior club championship finished by the end of November

1 Like

I watched the kk Wexford game with a dub mate of mine and said this straight after…but thought it was 6 points. Unreal all the same, so it is.

1 Like

True., but why does a dog lick his bollix ?

I won’t argue

It turns out that the system which @maroonandwhite is in favour of would have resulted in Galway going through. Who would have thunk it

4 Likes

Thunk? Dafuq

Im in shock here. Im out of asterisks and will have to use footnotes

1 Like

Or, Galway could have beaten Dublin to qualify and they wouldn’t have to worry about how many points for a win would have suited them this year.

2 Likes

Starting the championship at the same stage as everyone else is a relatively new concept for Galway to tackle. It’s not unsurprising that they’ll have bumps along the way, even if the talent at their disposal should have seen them in the top 3. I wouldn’t be shocked if they rebound next year and reach the All Ireland series.

2 Likes

Too

Galway are now the new Waterford. However both will be back too many good players not to be

Will you consider it a successful year if at the end the only team wexford beat is a jaded carlow? Just wondering not trying to get into a row

There’s a pretty good reason why you get two points for a win in Gaelic sports and not three.

It’s because the scoring system eliminates the possibility of a team going out specifically with the intention of not losing rather than winning. Teams don’t say to themselves with ten minutes left, “we’ll settle for the draw here”. You can’t park the bus for 70 minutes and get a 0-0. You have to go out to win.

Three points for a win was introduced to association football because too many teams were “settling for the draw”. It was brought in to encourage attacking play rather than have teams settle for draws. This isn’t a problem in Gaelic sports because of the scoring system. It’s very difficult to ready up a draw.

4 Likes

:grinning:

40%

I’m not bothered by the combination of results which confirmed our progression to the All Ireland series - the aim was progression itself. I think for the season to be a success we need to achieve something we didn’t achieve in the last two years - provincial win and/or advance to AISF at a minimum. Even if we had won one of the three drawn games it would have left us in the same position. It’s the games ahead of us that will dictate what kind of season we have.

Fake news. Take out Carlow and Galway still finish fourth. Had they beat em by 14 they’d still be out.

Wexford could potentially be in an all ireland quarter final after playing 5 games and winning only 1 v Carlow. Its a total farce.

3 Likes