I knew I’d regret it.

Private hurling forum

Gas cunts.

Amazing. I get screenshots from it occassionally. Some notions

:rollseyes:

You’re desperate to be involved here …

@myboyblue - it’s an NFL league

4 Likes

Wexford v Kilkenny was always likely to be a close game with no more than one score in it at the end. The two teams are very evenly matched and Wexford were at home so a collapse by them was less likely than it would have been at Nowlan Park. Kilkenny under Cody were never going to collapse with qualification on the line.

Kilkenny didn’t put that last free by Lee Chin, of the sort he’s missed loads this year, over the bar.

Third place isn’t an advantage. Provincial finalists have two opportunities to qualify for the semi-final, quarter-finalists have one.

But Galway are out?

I’m told fourth place is an advantage for the following year.

Both fourth placed teams from 2018 qualified this year.

Gaming the system.

Galway avoided relegation in the most competitive championship of them all. Season has to be deemed a success as a result

2 Likes

Not the best season by any means but not the worst. One loss less than the All-Ireland Champions*(**).

In the equivalent of the Vanarama National League it is not much to shout about.

Agreed. Deservedly gone having lost a game.

Another West of Ireland ape who cant move on.

Got my terrace ticket there, I went home and told my missus, she asked me if I got her one, I said you’ve no business at the Munster final, she pulled a strop and said she likes munster rugby matches and it’s the hurling she doesn’t like.

12 Likes

Hooch is crazy.

:man_shrugging:

Damned if you do and all that malarkey

1 Like

I’d pick one up handy enough for her closer. The Limerick county board are getting the club orders today, they’ll free up again in a few days.

John Keenan from Wicklow will be taking charge of the Leinster Final next week.

We last defeated Kilkenny in a Leinster Final in 1997 (Billy Byrne). I was nearly 16 and drank 1 (one) pint of lager in Meagher’s before the game. I stayed in my sister’s apartment that night and went back to Wexford on a Bus Èireann bus the next day. It was a slow journey as work on the Arklow bypass was taking place (cc @Appendage).

Any word on Aidan Nolan’s ban and/or whether they’re going to appeal? I think it may be frivolous.

Yes but anyone with even a modicum of taste wouldn’t look over the ditch at a game of bog ball.

1 Like