All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Wha,

Kelly has nothing on him. Cork would be in the Joe mc without him

Galway v Cork 1.45pm next Saturday in Thurles
Clare v Wexford 3.45pm same day and venue

Some joke.

Why so early?

Sky?

I don’t know. Those times on a Saturday are no help to the working man or woman.

Double header is lovely all the same

1 Like

Both on RTE I think

Tailteen Cup given priority on Sunday plus all Saffer rugger match on RTE2 Sat evening. Farce.

1 Like

Saturday kinda suits me guys

They were presuming the Irish teams would be in the rugby.

Galway and Cork should be the headline match and on second, it’s the more attractive fixture of the two IMO.

2 Likes

Would have thought 2 stand alone fixtures was a good option here.
Ennis would have been ideal but with Clare involved on the same day Portlaoise could surely have been an option. Clare and Wex could carry enough support to warrant Nowlan Park by themselves and TV could still broadcast both games. 4 counties piling into Thurles just has an air of lets get this over and done with.

2 Likes

How do they always make a hames of it? Cork v Galway at fucking quarter to 2 on a Saturday?? To add further insult to injury they have Clare v Wexford as the second game. Fairly shocking if true

1 Like

It’s confirmed

Any word on Tony Kelly? Was the protective boot just precautionary?

2 Likes

It’s confirmed alright.

There is just a GAA obsession with double headers in large stadia that generally have a graveyard atmosphere.

Tailteann Cup semi finals on Saturday with both hurling quarter finals in the prime time slots of 2pm and 4pm on Sunday was a no brainer.

Clare v Wexford in Portlaoise would have had a cracking atmosphere. Instead it’ll be played in a sort of zombie zone with Cork and Galway supporters drifting in and out. Portlaoise doesn’t have HawkEye though.

1 Like

Getting out of that shithole Thurles as early as feasible is to be encouraged. Thank fuck it’s not down in Cork.

You’d need your head examined if you have trouble getting out of Thurles. Probably one of the easiest grounds to get out of.

1 Like