All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

The Cork crowd would sicken you. I hope Galway put a cricket score on them.

7 Likes

I’ve spoken to Cork season ticketers this morning that expect a 10 point+ win on Saturday. And realistically if they’re the real deal they should be.

I see tickets are on sale tomorrow at 12. Does anyone know if its reserved seating or first come first served?

I’d suspect TNH
the people I speak to are all watching this Cork team through their fingers most of the time, brilliant when they’re on their game but you know they’re inconsistent, nobody would take Galway for granted, I suspect both teams will have periods of dominance, goals will probably decide it, I think Cork are the more likely winners myself but I wouldn’t be bullish

1 Like

Imagine if there was a World Cup on. The hurling quarter finals wouldn’t attract 20k. The gaa have made an awful mess of the whole thing.

1 Like

Absolutely astonishing confidence on show once more from Cork supporters

6 Likes

You’d be surprised so pal. Reminds me a lot of Cork in 2012. They’ve a lot of really promising players stepping up.

2012?
A poor Cork team got to the final in 13 and could easily have won it but it was hardly a vintage era

Cork supporters are not confident. The team are too inconsistent. Cork have failed miserably against Limerick and Clare, two teams who bring huge workrate. Workrate is the foundation on any good team. Cork have a lot of promising players but knockout championship is the litmus test.

4 Likes

100%. Absolute insufferable animals. That crowd, that night, still remains the worst I’ve ever come across. They weren’t there in 2010. The ball had burst at that stage.

I was thinking of them when Limerick were giving them the mother and father of hammerings last August.

3 Likes

It was as good as ye got for a long time. Certainly would have lost by less in the final last year.

The current team for all their faults are superior to the 2013 team, it would have been incredible if that team had won an all Ireland, just one of those years.

Cork have been very poor since the last great team finished up, they’re a work in progress now, harder to see the improvement when there’s a standout team like Limerick to measure yourself against

1 Like

Cork lads attempting the u turn now to talk themselves down but the Corkness has undone them

12 Likes

It’s fascinating to watch

I’m giving that a like. Like a wolf wearing an Eoin Cadogan cardboard mask.

Will ye bring yer selves back around for Wexford? A lot of talk going around about getting another crack at Limerick…dangerous stuff that with 2 hurdles to jump before that can happen.

Any word on TKs fitness down there?

It is very heartening to see that despite the success of KK, Tipp and Limerick since Cork had a decent team that nothing unites the forum like the hatred of Cork :+1:

1 Like

The easiest AI in history. Limerick fucked away a semi and we git ahead of ourselves. A harsh lesson than we learnt but stood to us. Cork should have won 2013

Woah, woah, woah… I believe it was you who waded in about Cork being the second best team in Ireland and beating Galway when you like.

13 Likes

I have heard very little talk of anyone thinking that we are going to waltz our way to an all Ireland rematch with limerick.

I think the suspension is a strange way may be a help this week, rather than sleep walk into a q/f with a Wexford team who will feel they owe us one and nothing to lose minds will be focused and I’d expect a reaction. The decision to start Cian Nolan v Waterford now looks a canny enough one.

If our energy levels are where they need to be I think we will have too much for them but if not then Wexford are more than capable of beating us.

Kelly is fine - was just severe cramp which forced him off.

2 Likes