All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

No, I didnā€™t say Cork could beat Galway when they liked, I was responding to some posts about Galway winning historical matches as if that matters.
I do believe that Cork are as good as as anybody else, I think Clare are overrated, Galway and Kilkenny are all close enough.
But Limerick are streets ahead

@Pirlo, any word on why Oā€™Keeffe didnā€™t play yesterday? Presume thatā€™s Dunbar gone for the season too.

Tactical I think. He was warming up for most of the match.

1 Like

Most Cork folk donā€™t trust the team enough to beat Galway at all. Then again, Galweigians will feel the same. I would have much preferred Kilkenny, theyā€™re far more limited.

It will be a fascinating contest between two of the most inconsistent teams Iā€™ve ever seen. Genuinely, anything can happen.

13 Likes

Cork only scraped past Dublin due to some wrongful ref calls.

2 Likes

I think Clare are under rated if anything.

3 Likes

Cork were excellent in first half, best I seen all year. Dublin totally dominated second half and would have won but for the sending off imho.

100 percent.

1 Like

Clare were about 4 points the better team in that drawn final in 2013 but Cork kept hitting them with sucker punches. That Pa Cronin goal was very dramatic.

1 Like

Time will tell, I expect them to make a final and get steamrolled by Limerick, but Kilkenny will test them severely.

The Cork and Clare lads are very confident.

2 Likes

How many points is steamrolled?

They are very parochial

Weā€™re not in any final yet.

The memory of 2019 wonā€™t allow us to look beyond the semi final.

2 Likes

Only a fool would write off the Carkies ā€¦ outside of the great rivalry with KK in the noughties , for a certain generation theyā€™re masters of sneaking in to win a sneaky all Ireland ā€¦ 1990, 1999ā€¦nearly done it in 2013ā€¦

If the provincial finalists lose next weekend, as I expect, then will the semi-finals flip to Limerick-Wexford & Cork-Kilkenny to avoid repeat round robin games?

Correct.

2 Likes

Will they risk Tony Kelly or keep him right for the semi?

Keep going mate, I think thereā€™s still life in it

2 Likes

Would you play him if heā€™s not right? They beat Waterford well without him