All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Hayes was being held as well sure, that’s why he raised the hurl. The images were bad but I don’t think he hit him with any force at all, if he misses a game for it he can feel hard done by.

Sigh.
I’ll try slowly, for the last time. This wasn’t “trial by TV”, it was trial by selected clips brought to you by TSG.

1 Like

So if a player is being held he can chop down on a player’s back ?

That doesn’t make sense.

I’d agree that overall it’s harsh. I don’t think he was trying to ‘do’ Flanagan. But I’m not sure having now citied the action that they can back down on that one.

It would be great if Duggan and Hayes were free to play and we get a cracking game Saturday but it’s hard to see both overturned.

I want a citing commissioner that teams can report to. Whiney and Millhouse would love it.
“The citing commissioner is brought to you today by Adare Manor”

1 Like

All citings are equal, but some citings are more equal than others.

1 Like

I don’t know if he did chop down on him though, I’d consider it more an effort to free himself. I agree with the rest though.

The second, more forceful strike, was when Flanagan was walking away…

Anyway, that’s neither here nor there now.

There’s a bunker with a big screen and a hotline straight to Croke Park being built in Martinstown as we speak.

So you want the opposite of objectivity and fairness, you want an official avenue for your whinges?

Sigh. Read a bit more above.

I wonder do you actively attempt to miss posters points or is it just a lack of cop on?

1 Like

its very deliberate,

I’m not sure if he connected with that one though, he started into it while Flanagan was holding him and then when Flanagan let go Hayes stopped as well.

I was hoping it was just a lack of cop on

“striking or attempting to strike”

Have you posted more whinges above?

The GAA could have saved themselves some hassle here and thrown out a wishy washy “we’ve looked at 12 incidents from yesterday’s game and we’ve decided two are worthy of suspension” thing rather than a “we are caving to Cummins here and just agreed to go with what he highligted”

1 Like

Aye and that’s why he could be in bother, but the incident wasn’t near as bad as the cameras or some commentators suggested. The Galway lads stamp was a stupid act that deserves attention, Hayes effort was relatively minor and had some mitigation.

Cummins is getting off very lightly.

I only saw the Kerry-Wexford highlights via Buff Egan’s snapchat, as if it was 2017, and it looked like a very pedestrian encounter. I guess it was a solid enough job done though. I wonder if Clare will be able to bring the madness and fury of previous games. I don’t think we can beat Clare without their performance level dipping a bit, but I don’t think it’s impossible that it could happen. I hope we’re not still a bit self-satisfied after winning in Kilkenny. We’re usually shit at stringing a number of good displays together. I’ll end these banal generalities now.