All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Dalo was bought by the Big House long ago. Heā€™s one of us now. Maybe Davy could argue Lohanā€™s case?

2 Likes

Clare probably regretting having that Romer lad roar abuse at Davy now the latter wields such power on the Sunday Game

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a vigil in Ennis tonight ahead of the cccc meeting.

7 Likes

Your heart would go out to Clare

I can honestly say Iā€™d never heard of this incident until now.
Wexford are great supporters and gracious, except @Bandage who snipes for months afterwards*

• Heā€™s more a self proclaimed British soccer supporter these days in any case.

I doubt anyone really heard of it to be honest, I only know because she is from where I live.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the key issue. Thereā€™s nithing definitive regarding a non referee review process fof incidents during a game.

Maybe getting the Hawkeye ref to review the recording directly after the game is the best way to go about it.

It has to be brought in to avoid trial by TV being directed by The Sunday Game crew.

Cummins needs to be reigned in too

Typical @Gman getting hung up on past events and refusing to move on

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0814/897258-gaa-discipline-explained/

Another role is to review footage of games where they feel further disciplinary action needs to be taken, though this can only happen once the referee confirms that they missed the incident in question.

Itā€™s the refā€™s job to ref the game. Presumably the ref reviews the game or footage drawn to his attention and then advises whether he missed it or considers it satisfactorily dealt with. All this talk of the process being arbitrary and unfair is nonsense.

Poor aul mac, @Balbec getting a handy nice post out of an open goal cut at him.

1 Like

The fall off the bike seems to have knocked a bit of humour into him

I wouldnt necessarily agree. Itā€™s always good to have another pair of experienced eyes look over something, in any project.

A larger issue is the speed of intercounty hurling. Weā€™re at the point where youā€™d need two referrees and two linesmen with more powers to officiate a game properly.

Iā€™m regarded as a very fair minded individual on all matters.

Totally disagree with this. Game is not faster. Watch some of the games from early 90s. Game was much quicker,loads of ground hurling and first time hurling. Game is slower now due to game being possession base, with teams intent on playing through the lines. As mentioned the use of spare arm tackle and handpassing are by products of this.

3 Likes

What do you mean you wouldnā€™t agree, thatā€™s the process?

I donā€™t agree that it should be solelybthe remit of one man to take full responsibility for the officiating of the game. Once the game is over a review can be conducted to ensure all serious indiscretions were properly punished.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what happens. Where there are incidents they are brought to the refā€™s attention. If he says he didnā€™t address it in the match the CCCC can proceed to sanction the player.

That leaves an issue with incidents that werenā€™t brought to his attention that still need to be addressed.

Thereā€™s nothing official in place in the rules do itā€™s currently dependent on media coverage which should not be the case. Hence Duggan is facing suspension but the Flanagan incident has not been reviewed.