All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

I’m a Limerick I have nothing to be angry about.

Galway had loads more All Irelands won by 2018 than Limerick had

6 Likes

It’s not a rivalry. It’s a domination.

I can’t think of a time when Cark looked like they’d win any of those four games either.

A game for the ages…. :heart_eyes: ( both of them )

1 Like

Cork 25-7 Galway.

4 Likes

Are you still bleating ?

That’s like calling Wexford a good football county because they won a few All Ireland back at the turn of the last century.

After keeping the game alive for everyone for centuries. We then began the hurling revolution years with our win over them in the All Ireland Semi Final in 1975. Ever since we have a winning record against them in Championship hurling.

In summation. They mustn’t have been that many well prepared Cork teams in the last 45+ years.

So you wouldn’t agree with @flattythehurdler who likes to count older results and instead think we should only count modern ones?

Thank God for the bitta conspĂłid over the GAA and Zoom meetings or there would be nothing to chat about. Cork v Galway would have been intriguing in 2017, has the air of a stocking filler this year.

Nobody is giving Cork a chance on Saturday, mental.
Galway have a lot of improving to do, they can certainly do it, and the narrative is that they’ll bully Cork, but on the evidence of recent games that might not be so easily done

1 Like

Plenty of people are giving Cork a chance.

I think they’ll win, myself.

1 Like

I have Cork backed

I’ll keep saying it, put the linesmen inside either 40 and let them ref there. What real purpose do they serve, deciding who last touched a ball and getting that wrong a lot of the time. Even just for intercounty

Nearly all the ‘experts’ are tipping Galway, the TFK poll is 70% Galway,
I think Cork will win as well,

Anyone not giving Cork a chance is a fool. There is very little between those two teams.

1 Like

Cork are exactly the team that Galway won’t like playing, possession game and short passes will tire our old timers out. When we were a lot better in 2018 a similar to cork small pass happy Clare team should have beaten us both days in the semis. We are a shell of that now.

Cork will run them into the ground ala Waterford last yr.Galway will need at least 3 goals to win.

1 x attempted strike of the hurl.

2 x clear strikes of the hurl.

1 x clear stamp on an opponent prone on the ground.

All get off on a technicality. It’s absolutely farcical and sets an appalling precedent.

Young lasses & lads watching it and then seeing them go unpunished.

1 Like

Eh they are favourites mate.

16 Likes