All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Do you really think they’re talking about it in 3rd and 4th class?

1 Like

Its a 50/50 game imo. Realistically if you look at Corks championship to date, youd have to make Galway slight favourites. Cork were hammered by a Limerick that never had to get out of third gear. Beaten by a Clare team that hurled with 14 men for much of the game. Granted they beat Waterford but it has since emerged that all was not well in the Waterford camp and well we dont have to get into the Tipp game really except to say that Tipp were the whipping boys of Munster this year.
It can be argued that Galway weren’t much better in Leinster but at least in the round Robin series they did what they needed to do. Without Conor Whelan they are very average and they do not like playing in Thurles. All in all it adds up to a 50/50 game. But Cork do not like the physical side of it and if the game develops into a dogfight I cant see Cork coming out on top

I know that, that’s the strange thing, there’s big money to be made

You’ll have to ladybird this one

Galway are 6/4, yet it seems to me that most people expect them to win, that’s unusual.
Maybe it’s just the people I’m listening to

Rank-outsiders Cork are actually favourites with the bookies

stop talking to @Locke and his false modesty for cork and KK

Do you not remember hurling in the 90s mate? If the ball was there everything was fair game, you put up your hand and expected it to be taken off you, ball on the ground a fella was free to lash at your leg, throw ins were warfare, far more shoulders happened and were allowed, fella tackling you and you couldn’t get away from him you could just throw up the ball in his general direction and pull accross him. No helmets either. Someone would go off with a split head every game and come on with a bandage soaked in blood wrapped around the ceann.

And it was fucking great.

It hardly scarred us as young fellas?

Duggan swinging back with the butt of the hurl was filth, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he only meant to give him and auld jab in the stomach.

Trampish auld stamp from the Galway lad as well, but not exactly attempted murder either

1 Like

This is bizarre stuff. And it’s been typed more than once.

Keenan had nothing to do with it being a classic ffs, the players alone contributed to that.

Keenan was lazy in his interpretation of the rules and was rightly called up on that.

The above is akin to telling a speeding driver his excessive speed on the road was okay because he used his indicators properly. Ffs

Throw in the ball and put the whistle away until its half time. Thats the game we want to see.

5 Likes

No one from Galway I’ve talked to honestly is sure they’ll win. Not many here either. So just don’t get your money to be made comment

Mate, I wore a hamstring strap for an entire season with no injury because Colm Bonnar did so for Tipperary.

No one questioned me.

Kids are impressionable. They might not have a group chat but you can be sure someone will stamp or feel flaking someone is ok.

The experts on the radio have predicted Galway, 70% of TFK have gone for Galway on the prediction thread.
Personally I think Cork will win but I’m no expert, I wouldn’t put money on them at 8/11,
But if I was offered 6/4 who knows

By the sounds of things, you’re still wearing it

Fuck sake….

Cork are red hot favourites with the bookies.

2 Likes

Cork have more scoring threats and that’s why I’d favour them.

Galway may negate that threat, they’ll possibly make a huge improvement after the chastening LF defeat too.

But on balance, I think cork are the better attacking side.

You’d bate Galway with your cap sure

Galway are totally on top of a rivalry that they’ve lost more than 3 times as many times in as they’ve won.

Hurling started in 1975 but finished in 2018.

Cork are complete outsiders in game they are odds on to win.

Ok I think I’m caught up.

4 Likes

This isnt to have a go at either side. But i think both are poor.
Galway have decent hurlers and no tactics. Braindead hurling is the only way to describe it. Also maybe time catching up on a few.

I’d still be doubtful that Cork have fixed their problems, but rather just met two teams that couldn’t exploit them.

Galway will have Cork for physicality. Cork will try to play away from their central spine and keep it crisp to hand, keep Galway moving. Smart ball into their forwards. Galway will lorry it down and hope for the best.

Downey vs Whelan the key battle. I wouldn’t fancy Downeys chances generally, but the way Galway are giving the ball to Whelan really levels the playing field.

A win could do a lot for either side though in getting going. A loss is the end of the road for the losing team in its current incarnation. Cork will have to come back with a new manager. Henry will have to go away and gut the team.

Very hard to call. A real clash of styles but i think it will be one of those where the narrative is obvious in hindsight. Galway too physical, Cork too intelligent, depending on the outcome.

I’ll give a tentaive nod to Galway to overpower Corks spine. That lorrying the ball might actual hit on a weakness for Cork in air. Like a stopped clock.

3 Likes