All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Based on that performance galway should be 1/10

Based on Galway in the Leinster final Cork should be heavy favs. So I guess it’s a toss up. With the better recent form on Corks side

Jamesie O’Connor last night on Newstalk said Cork will win a shootout, because Cork are the better hurlers

He said Cork would win IF it was a shootout,
I believe he went for Galway

1 Like

People just back a thoroughbred. Galway are like that horse they made the film about.

Yeah but hes not writing Cork off. I doubt anyone is. In the pickem, you pick a team to win. It doesnt mean you are simply writing off the other team. Its a coin toss of a game, either could win. I think Galway are the better team but they havent shown they are capable of it yet this year. So unless they get their form together, they will likely lose. Im giving them the benefit of the doubt by picking them that when it comes to the crunch theyll find their form. But thats a big if.

You need to learn how to play the poor mouth with your team from @Locke and the Kilkenny boys. Experts at it.

3 Likes

Im going with 2 draws and cork and wexford to emerge afterwards. Cork have a different level that they constantly fail to meet except when the shackles are off and its a free shot, ET will be that nothing to lose go out and play. Wexford will hang in for the draw and a combination of Clare shitting the bed and fatigue (mentally after MF and physically) will allow Wexford to sneak in a winning point in ET, despite Clare being the better team on the day. Throwing 20 quid on 2 draws anyway

Why on earth do you think Clare are “shitting the bed”?
They’ve been unafraid to rest TK in other games, and played equally well. They have a strong squad. They’ve had two weeks rest. They improved again against Limerick, and there’s not been a peep.out of them all season. Heads down and get on with it. I doubt they wasted much energy on the appeal, just jumped on with Galway. Why people are expecting them to be flat or exhausted is strange. Joe Canning seems to have a telephone book full of excuses for falling flat on the day. Kk never use them, nor do Limerick or Clare. It seems that Galway seem to have lacked an ability to just go out and hurl. Too many middle management laptop heads.

Clare??? :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re confusing the playing squad with the general public, but you’re easily confused

They will collapse in ET is my prediction, better team and expectation will tighten them up. C’mere you can qoute that when they prove me wrong

You’ll have to live and die by your selections in the pickem and not be hedging. I’ve gotten a few wrong meself :man_shrugging:

My word I’ve had some response to that post last night, :grinning:

And poor mouthing is very boring, I’d fancy Cork against anybody but Limerick, they’re very unreliable and inconsistent but on their day they’ll best the rest

If Christy Ring himself was posting on TFK he wouldn’t garner as much attention as you do when you talk hurling :grinning:

The one Tayto was riding around on?

1 Like

Mr Ed

Black Beauty

1 Like

Throw in the ball and let them hurl away. No more about it.

Must be all my county medals :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I must say im really looking forward to Saturday. Big crowd, lovely weather…potentially 2 cracking games, hurling is the real winner here lads😎

4 Likes

Another flatty flip flop.