All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Clare will have Wexford bate by half time

They have em bate already

1 Like

Let’s hope they do it with 15 men on the pitch or Shane Dowling will have to holiday in kerry

Can’t argue with any of that. Lao Tzu like.

2 Likes

Lao Tzu wouldn’t hurl spuds to ducks

2 Likes

I’d have loved to be in Derek’s dressing room and seen how he spoke to players.

“Should I hold my position at center back or follow my man Derek?”

“Well, Confucius teaches us about reciprocity…”

11 Likes

Since the backdoor came in the beaten Munster finalists have a fairly decent record in the quarter finals.

Tipp lost to Waterford last year, Clare lost to Tipp in 2017 and I think Waterford were beaten by Cork in 2012, Waterford beat Tipp in 2006 and Cork beat Clare in 2008. Galway managed a couple of quarter final wins before joining Leinster v Tipp in 2000 and 2005

Wexford beat Limerick in 2001 - that is the only time a Leinster team has beaten a Munster finalists in the quarter finals in 25 years from what I can recall. A completely useless stat for your Friday afternoon folks

:rollseyes:

1 Like

Some respected TFK hurling men saying Clare will bate us with their caps. I’m not thinking like that. Instead I’m currently drafting a few words for porter laureate Roy Curtis to tweet after we win.

1 Like

ROC to do untold

2003 Wexford defeated Munster finalists Waterford in Nowlan Park. With their caps, as it happened.

3 Likes

While you are right, I don’t think that was a Q/F but rather a qualifier due to a quirk in the new back door system

2 Likes

:joy:

WTF is that even supposed to mean

3 Likes

Yeah we nearly lost to Antrim in the subsequent QF.

2 Likes

I think derek might be lining up a shot at countdown.

I see the anti-intellectuals are out in force today.

2 Likes

Intellectuals are fine, it’s fellas thinking they are clever that are dangerous

There’s a bang of insecurity off a lot of the criticism of Derek for his literary references. The guy is a bit of a jinnet but criticizing him for literary references misses the point.

And it’s fairly obvious what the reference above means.

1 Like

The klaxon has sounded from Reginald’s tower.

2 Likes

Here’s Balbec now with a blaas are circling comment