All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Nope. Reginald’s Tower. How droll.

and utterly predictable

That’s was a wonderful occasion altogether in glorious Kilkenny of a Saturday evening.

I enjoyed that after Dave Guiney went onto Mullane and stopped him running amok.

1 Like

Mullane lost a contact lens that night and we fell asunder.

He got a little nick in the eye too.

An ex Kilkenny player spread some slanderous rumours about the perpetrator of said nick also with the likes of @Bandage gleefully adding fuel to the fire.

3 Likes

What would Lao Tzu’s interpretation of this image be?

1 Like

They don’t tend to add a whole pile to what’s he’s saying most of the time.

He must be terribly wounded by the flak he took for his tactics. He is as bad as Davy for shoehorning in a defence of it.

Exactly.

Every article is littered with “ I was correct “ or “ I was damned “ shite.

1 Like

I don’t remember any of that.

Larry Murphy man of the match in at full forward too, came on as a sub too if I recall right?

There was a right owl scuffle down at the town end in the first half too. I seem to remember the Wexford defenders giving a right few dunts to the Waterford boys. Darren Stamp scored a great point from way out that a buddy of mine caught the sliothar and was delighted with himself showing everyone in Langtons after until some young wan stole it off him.

What turns lads off McGrath’s articles/commentary is the language he uses. Its not exactly readable to your average GAA supporter. That’s not a criticism, just an observation. He is an English teacher so is obviously very articulate. However, do you think he used the same sort of intellectual diction when addressing the Waterford squad? Probably not. Herein lies the problem.

1 Like

Paddy Mullally told your sister lies.

And you chose to believe them.

Larry came on alright.

1 Like

You’d have to factor in
i) that Waterford turned the successful rebound after losing a Munster final almost into an art form and
ii) that several of those successful quarter finals for losing Munster finalists were basically gimme matches or not far above it.

I make it that 10 of 25 losing Munster finalists since the back door came in have failed to win the next day out (9 losses and 1 draw).

I make it that the record of each county in All-Ireland quarter finals is as follows:

Cork 8-3 (but have lost 2 of their last 3)
Clare 6-6
Galway 6-10 (have won their last 3)
Wexford 3-7 (have lost their last five and never won a quarter-final in Thurles)

1 Like

Del Boy, Wexford -v- Tipp was 2019 not 2018

Have Clare named their team?

Yes

He had his team picked and that’s that? Or that’s a dummy team?

Its a team from the future.

3 Likes