All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Listen, Tipp ‘supporters’ have acted the absolute maggot many times over the years. And sure maybe they would have done the same if the Kilkenny talisman went off that day (they didn’t in 2010 with Shefflin). But you’d have to admit that I’d say some proper Kilkenny hurling people were a tad embarrassed with the stuff from the stand that day.

1 Like

As regards 2013, if Tipperary draw Laois rather than Kilkenny, Tipperary win the All Ireland.

Larry’s is closed…

They really showed Antrim last week.

1 Like

I’m trying to remember back. Were Tipp still ahead when Dunne was sent off? Thought it was late enough in the game but I can’t recall fully.

WTF???

1 Like

Ah no.

Soho or Silver Key/Quay it is so.

Reardens post match then.

1 Like

Possibly. I also think drawing Tipp did Kilkenny no favours. A route where they didn’t have to play them any earlier would have probably led them getting three-in-a-row (and we know what happens in 14 and 15)

One point up I’m almost sure. Shefflin equalised from the resulting long range feed but Tipp go maybe two up again after that.

1 Like

I have never booed anyone or had a cross word with anyone, pretty much, at a hurling game. I was not happy with the reaction to Lar Corbett’s injury in 2013. Silence would have been the proper response. And one of the main reasons I respect Tipperary hurling so much derives from the Tipp supporters’ response to Henry Shefflin exiting the 2010 AIF and the pat he got from Shane McGrath, a sound man and a good hurler on his day.

I think the response to LC in 2013, which was deplorable, derived from the sending off with JJ Delaney in the 2013 League Final not long beforehand. I am not trying at all to justify the championship day response. I am trying to explain it, because there is absolutely no track record of Kilkenny supporters behaving, before or since, in that manner. I thought, on the day, the response deplorable – and still do.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2009/0906/254398-matchtracker/

No scenario in which Kilkenny win 2013, methinks. Just went off when Cody had to withdraw for a while with heart issue.

Tipp could have won in 2013, I reckon, but not Kilkenny.

I think lads get way too excited over Lar getting the boo’s off the field.
It was an absolute compliment to him if anything.

The rivalry was intense & hurling is an emotive sport and breeds emotion from lord who follow it.

It’s to this day still regurgitated by simpletons or eejits trying to get a rise.

I genuinely think it was to do with the sending off in the League Final. I deplored the booing, which was vulgar, at the time but feelings between the counties were, as you say, at nearly an all time high. I could say more about what supposedly happened in that League Final incident to enrage JJD but at this stage well is left alone.

A great period for hurling, with remarkable game after remarkable game. Tipperary probably hurled better in loss than in 2016 and 2019 but got a belated reward.

I disagree entirely with this. Booing an injured player off the field is as low as it gets imho.

6 Likes

Agree with you there. Never had any bother with Kilkenny supporters at any other stage

1 Like

I remember the Kilkenny fans sarcastically singing the ohhh Richie McCarthy tune after the 2014 all Ireland semi final and I haven’t forgotten it either.

1 Like

They spent the first 30 minutes of that game shouting all kinds of honophobic slurs at Lar too which was a bit odd.

And it wasnt just one or two louts either, it was literally everyone in the terrace.

It was unfathomable then and it is unfathomable now.

2 Likes