All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

I think lads forget that Larry really pissed off a lot of people with his carryon with Tommy Walsh.

Tensions were high but nobody died.

A dirty unpunished stroke pisses me off twice as much as a few boos personally

1 Like

I would nearly reinstate that remark.

Now you are resorting to lies.

I didn’t hear a word of that

Kilkenny were past their best by 2016. A strange one in that they were going for 3 in a row but had lost some extremely talented veterans like Shefflin and JJ Delaney. I was confident Tipp would win that game in 2016. Actually thought Clare might take them too after their swashbuckling win against KK in the League semi-final but they reverted to a conservative approach then in championship again and were comfortably beaten by Galway.

1 Like

The one where you have to stand up.

It was outrageous stuff. Only thing i could compare it to was watching Man United at Upton Park once upon a time.

If tipp kept sheedy the decade could have been very different I’d imagine.

1 Like

We are talking about behaviour of supporters here. Booing an injured player off the field is as low as it gets from a supporters perspective. Your point about dirty stroke is not comparing like for like. Thats on the player not supporters.

1 Like

What age were you back then?

There were no homophobic slurs. That’s a fairly low windup.

Tipp & KK lads were well sauced up in the terrace but there was no issues. Lar got a good ribbing when he missed a good chance but other than that normal stuff.

A highly accurate comment, in fairness.

1 Like

Why would there be homophobic slurs against Lar… Colloquial nasty comments, yes, because Kilkenny feared him, but homophobia? I abhor homophobia of any kind but have never heard Kilkenny supporters going down that road.

This craic is quite mad and is based on lies.

I was old enough to know the difference between the usual slagging and what was way overboard in terms of abuse. It wasnt 16 year olds who were at it either, it was grown men and women too. Right at the back of Eoin Murphy’s goals.

We actually had to move for the second half after some young wan threatened to punch my friend after he turned around and just looked at her after she passed some remark about Lar just before the break.

In fairness things settled a bit over near the Covered Stand side in the second half.

Kilkenny fans are very ungracious in general. A lad in his 30s or 40s turned around and screamed in my face after the penalty in 2009 and I was only a chap at the time

2 Likes

That’s amazing, I was situated exactly behind the goal.

I didn’t hear anything homophobic.

1 Like

I was sober. I remember it all.

It was very odd too as Lar was getting married around that time.

They are very strange people.

Cody turning water into wine with the current crop and they want hiim gone.

Hes dragging them to All Ireland semi finals and id say only a few hundred went to see them play in it last year.

I hope you’re not trying to imply that Limerick supporters are whiter than white when it comes to this sort of behaviour

Antrim 5 up here. Decent game.

Antrim scored an absolutely vital goal there to give breathing room before ht

1 Like

I was in that terrace for that game and don’t remember anything like that. You might have heard the jeers of one or two people rather than Kilkenny supporters in general.

The booing I do remember alright.

2 Likes

The Offaly jersey lad behind the goal is pacing about like a hungry lion in the Serengeti