All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Handy win for Antrim here. Awfully are shite.

Antrim on fire, points flying over from everywhere.

3-24 to 2-17 FT.

What was the Antrim goal from the penalty disallowed for at the end? Encroachment or did he strike it inside the ‘21? Was watching without sound.

Offaly are pretty desperate.

Two fellas, one of whom is never at a match, and the other who’s working on a hawker’s stall outside the ground arguing about what happened in the stadium.

You couldn’t make it up. Gas cunts.

3 Likes

Saturday match in Nolan Park, pints in Byrnes before & after.
Grand day. Shite result.

No homophobic slurs either

1 Like

The pints in there beforehand were the highlight of the trip

There was a crowd doing burgers out the back too. :hamburger:

The horrible comments from the KK crowd in the closing stages of the '09 and '12 U21 finals when they were losing were deplorable. Desperate stuff really

Christ, its like a joe Duffy hour around here

Sky’s coverage:

1 Like

Leinster Hurling tickets on sale now

https://am.ticketmaster.com/gaa/leinsterhu22

Munster championship tickets are now available for season ticket holders for the 4 games

Good seats too!

1 Like

Do they also have the option to buy additional tickets also?

No option for extra ticket but all tickets bang on halfway

Is there any way I can request to sit next to @peddlerscross for the Tipp game?

2 Likes

He’ll be boycotting it due to the lack of iconic players on the Tipp side.

3 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2022/0404/1290311-whoever-beats-waterford-will-climb-the-steps-mcgrath/

Derek’s vocabulary makes him a great hype man.

Derek McGrath believes that Waterford have now established themselves as the frontrunners to win the All-Ireland title.

The Déise eased past Cork to their fourth Allianz Hurling League crown on Saturday - a first national trophy since they won it under McGrath in 2015 - and expectations have now been raised that the 63-year wait for Liam MacCarthy could come to an end this summer.

Limerick, champions in three of the last four years, have beaten Waterford in their last five championship meetings but McGrath told the RTÉ Podcast that he thinks his county will take some stopping this year.

“Contenders? We are the team to beat now. Simple as,” he said.

"I texted a few of the boys on Saturday. I’ve had little or no contact with them over the years because you try to give fellas space.

"But every text that came back was 'Step One complete’. That was their thought process. It’s very exciting.

"Psychologically it’s a fillip to get a trophy in the cabinet and have it almost out of the way.

"If you look at Conor Prunty’ speech, and (Kerry football captain) David Clifford’s speech, both were caveated by – there’s a next step, a bigger step here.

“Someone said to me yesterday that Tipp are waiting in the long grass (in the Munster first round on 17 April). They can all wait in the long grass. Whoever beats Waterford will be going up the steps.”

"With all the discussions about how will the league stand to you, I think we are going to get better.

"People will say they’re getting giddy down in Waterford but when you talk about marquee players around the country, I think we have seven or eight.

"I know Austin (Gleeson) well. He will be humming come Easter Sunday.

“The counter-attacking system that Waterford have in play, with the runners, Neil Montgomery, Jack Fagan, the unfashionable guys doing the work and then breaking at unbelievable pace…”

“You have players coming to the peak of their physical, mental and tactical awareness They’re so aware of what’s going on and they smell blood. You can see the confidence is dripping from them.”

1 Like

Jesus… The dreaded Derek vote of confidence.

4 Likes