All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

No pressure like.

1 Like

I am sure Cahill is thrilled to hear he is back texting the boys.

8 Likes

Modest to the last.

You can but itā€™ll cost you.

He might bring the sandwiches in return.

I do think Waterford are the best placed team to take down Limerick.

But I canā€™t help but feel thereā€™s a smell of peaking too soon about this. Cahill has a serious job on his hands to control the hype. Waterford have been here before.

1 Like

Well if it goes the way everyone is predicting, Waterford could get 3 chances to take em down.

To be honest in and around Waterford there doesnā€™t seem to be that much hype.

All focus is on the Tipp game. Itā€™s the biggest game of the year by far. If we donā€™t win that at home then we are as good as gone imo.

Yes we were delighted to win the league. But leading up to it, it was all about performance and leaving the result take care of itself. So long as we played well and didnā€™t pick up injuries people were happy with that.

We have lost a lot of finals so it was good to get that monkey off this teams back but the eye has to be on Tipp. Nothing else. Cahill I am sure will have them fully focused on that.

5 Likes

What hype?? All the ā€˜hypeā€™ since the start of the league has been about Corkā€¦most hurling people could see what that was, hype about nothing, most hurling people will see Saturday night for what it was too, beating a poor Cork side in a league finalā€¦
A little over two weeks ago Waterford were coming off the back of a beating and poor performance v KKā€¦
Waterford have ā€˜been here beforeā€™ but not under Cahill

1 Like

Thats a very good post in fairness.

1 Like

Well you just saw what Derek Mcgrath is after saying. Fairly idiotic to be banging your chest out like that after a league final win, no?

3 Likes

Take that up with Derek so, heā€™s not the voice of Waterford hurling

1 Like

It was Derek trying to position himself to take credit for where they are at the moment. I doubt very much if Liam Cahill gives two fucks about McGrath and I think Waterford supporters are grounded enough at this stage.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think he does at all. Looks like he has built a seriously hard working and motivated team, I donā€™t think theyā€™ll lack anything in mentality. I told everyone a year ago Waterford would be better again this year for the added year with Cahill and I think will continue to improve the longer he is with them until they win one. Bit similar to tipp under Sheedy first time around. Actually a lot of parallels there with limerick in the dominant position kk were then.

A major thing for Waterford is their forwards, they have three marquee level forwards in Bennett, Gleeson and Hutchinson. As good or better than Gillane, Lynch and Hegarty? Some fellas here rate Gleeson better than Lynch, Bennett arguably better than Gillane now too.

Generally speaking we donā€™t put a whole lot of currency in anything McGrath comes out with now, Itā€™s hard to see anything of substance beyond the flowery words at this stage.
I know I am being harsh on the man but he lost me and many others years ago with all this stuff.

4 Likes

Hego is a pure muckler compared to the rest.

If it goes belly up for one or both on the 17th then one of them could effectively be knocking the other out in the second game.

That would make for some night in Limerick.

2 Likes

And is also very possible. Happened to Limerick in 2019 . Limerick more so than Waterford I suspect could well be heading into that game looking for their first points

1 Like

Come back to me when any of the others come near his scoring records in all Ireland finals.

2-9 in 2 AIFs. He can muckle all he wants if he keeps those stats up

9 Likes

Cc @Ralphie

1 Like