All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

What twitter poster?

The one from Twitter you posted.

Paul Murphy?

No more than ourselves

Yeā€™ll batter us flatty

1 Like

Those quarter final wins were really significant today. Huge momentum now for both. Honestly think itā€™s Galway v Clare and Clare to win itā€¦ Clareā€™s name is on the trophy, it has that feel to it this year.

3 Likes

It could be a proper minnows final.

You are totally right he was involved in a lot even if he wasnā€™t scoring which is what I should have said.

Tony Kelly grab and point off the ground @ 74:30 different level

Shanagher point @ 75:10 unreal

Limerick should let their Primary Game team play the first half against Galway to make it interesting.

5 Likes

A broken clock is right twice a day.

He was carrying a clock too?

Thats a ridiculous statement to be fair. Waterford have one win in something like twelve munster round robin games and have downed tools more than once. Thats where Waterford are at until they prove different.

Neither Galway or Cork are great but they are where they are on merit, as are Waterford.

Good league team though.

3 Likes

I think Waterford are an awful lot better than they showed this year, whatever happened them, but thatā€™s a fair assessment.

3 Likes

I completely agree. I was convinced theyā€™d be the closest challengers to Limerick this year. Hard to fathom how things went so wrong for them. Hurling needs them to come good and challenge limerick domination.

Waterford had 4 games to get through, svrapped past the worst Tipp team in decades, gave everything to beat Limerick at 60% but still were 10 points off on the day (2 late goals made it look close) shit the bed vs cork who resurged on pure carkness and couldnt put any fight vs clare w/o the great TK.

Cork deserved to be in QF and should have won today. Theor own mistakes cost them. A very poor first half no doubt

1 Like

Waterford are useless truth be told.

2 Likes

That was a seriously flat performance for long periods today, collectively across the board, looked like our goose was cooked when Chin goaled but the bench coupled with leaders all over the pitch just took over the game.

Thought our half backline was probably our best unit and kept us in it for long periods. We ate Wexford when it came to breaks and rucks for long periods but struggled to put scores up. Wexford got their tactics spot on and their defensive shape was very good, Dee Oā€™Keefe didnā€™t hurl that much ball but was taking up excellent positions to close off space and channels which Clare wanted to hurl into.

All three goals left a lot to be desired from a defensive perspective but thought Wexford lacked the scoring threat to put us away, they were running on fumes come the 60th minute and hadnā€™t the subs to bring in to see it out.

The other game was a strange one. Cork should have been at least 5 up at h/t on the balance of play but were 5 down. Cork completely overdo the short stuff while Galway are far too direct and aimless a lot of the time in their hurling. If Cork had pulled Lehane after 20 minutes they probably would be in the semis now. Missed frees aside, he really didnā€™t want to know about it today, Galway got stuck into him early, fairly might I add, and he just looked lost.

12 Likes

Cork were playing short passes in their own 21 which was madness. Players hopping the ball off the ground unnecessary in stupid areas too were they tryi g to emulate their heroes in green?