All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Thought today highlighted how important Taylor is for us, Devitt smothered him out of the game for a long spell. Some surge when he did get going though

1 Like

Immense

1 Like

TK can be stopped wexford did some job man marking him for 60 mins. Cody will have a plan

Heā€™s been stopped plenty in the past. Limerick just let him run freeā€¦ Itā€™s lazy punditry - ā€˜how do you stop TKā€™.

His point near the end when he caught it lying on the ground and got up popped it over the bar was class tho. Wexford looked spent by then.

2 Likes

The concept of the Waterford hurlers self imploding with a bit of expectation on them is hardly that difficult to fathom.

1 Like

Cork gk cost them

1 Like

This is looking like a Limerick / Clare final with due respect to Galway and Kilkenny followers.
Neither of the latter two have much of a game plan aside from forking it in long and often but thatā€™s the style the respective managers are used to.
Iā€™m eagerly awaiting a cash out offer from PP on my 50/1 Galway for Liam wagerā€¦ā€¦:wink:

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a clatter of us on Barry Nash Hurler of the year , we jumped on at the 66s - 100/1 range. We needed TK taken out today and it almost happened. Canā€™t see anything but a Kelly HOTY now so I might have to take that 64 euro PP are offering for my ā‚¬10 stake

5 yellow cards with 11 frees conceded is fair going.

Percentage scored from placed balls is brutal but I suppose three of those were within first few minutes.

1 Like

Youā€™re still in with a punchers chance but Iā€™ll agree Kelly is in pole position. 2 games to go and a bolter could appear and whisk the Golden Fleece from under the boyā€™s noses. Hold your nerve.

2 Likes

I think the most eye opening stat from that is that Wexford only had 29 scoring chances in close to 80 minutes of hurling. Very hard to win a game creating so little.

Iā€™d say Cork probably created close to 29 chances in the first half alone v Galway

1 Like

22 for Cork in the first half according to Buff. Only took 7.

1 Like

Need to be creating 50 scoring chances nowadays. 60% scoring rate upwards will see you over the line.

Of course, canā€™t be expecting three goals every day.

1 Like

Rare a team loses after getting three goals.

You need 28 points or so ti win your average intercounty championship match these days. Iā€™d see it as the magic number

Only having 29 chances leaves you zero margin of error

1 Like

Clare had a man black carded and a penalty given against them when they played Tipp in last years championship. Would have been a case of Deja Vu for them had the same happened today. Think it was Aidan McCarthy who hauled down Jake Morris that day out near the sideline?

Watching it back here, Wexford had 1-4 on the board after 9 minutes. Only 2-10 over the remaining 60+6 minutes and the two goals in quick succession

Thereā€™s a lot of talk in hurling about a lot of things but at adult level you need to sort two things:

1. A freetaker
  2. A dependent GK

Worth 10 points if you donā€™t have it sorted.

13 Likes