All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

The free conversion is a killer.

Galway 50/50 on their own puckouts is fairly shocking

1 Like

Alas Cork failed both tests today

2 Likes

I’d argue that the only teams with real dependent on both areas are LK and KK, they will thus meet in the final.

Its shocking stuff. Was obvious against KK in LF and obvious as fuck again today.

I was conversing at one point about the need for a semi-final draw to determine whether we’d meet Kilkenny or Limerick due to Galway’s presence in the semis. Todays events embellished the box office Leinster championship. Westmeath will be thinking what could have been and may even rise higher in the @Locke rankings.

1 Like

You have to hand it to King Henry. Galways first year without the great Joe Canning and here we are in an All Ireland semi Final. Who would have thunk it. We are playing with house money now thanks to the King

5 Likes

Yeah, I’d seen the stats earlier and only 29 Wexford attempts at goal jumped out alright. BDE has said you need to be hitting that spot between 40 and 50 to win most intercounty games against decent opposition so we were way off that. I’d referenced our weakness in the half forward line in particular in the early round robin stages when Chin was returning from injury and Jacko was in and out of the team, and I think we came out second best in that area as the game went on. We also bypassed it too much by overdoing the route one stuff.

I was thinking we missed a trick by not moving Chin out the field. He was obviously instrumental in the two second half goals playing inside, but one of the notable things in the win against Kilkenny was how he moved between midfield and full forward when the game was in the melting pot and was involved in several late scores. He got on the ball, showed composure and took good options. That’s what we needed to stem the Clare tide when they started whittling away our lead but we left him inside the whole time.

In that 8-12 area, we had McGovern (ran himself into the ground), Devitt (tagging Taylor) and then Dwyer, Jacko and Oisin Foley. Dwyer got a good point to make it 3-12 to 0-15 but wasn’t too prominent thereafter and I don’t recall either of the other two making any impression in the last 15 minutes. I think we needed Chin out there.

4 Likes

As much as I think we could get an awful hiding and everyone will be expecting one, Galway v Limerick games are nearly always very competitive. Even when they’ve been much better than us in recent years. I will have to cling on to that for the time being.

Games like this are made on moments.

McGuckin made a right mess of an easy point when ye were two down, on his good side and all.

2 Likes

He did worse earlier in the year against Dublin. He must be flying in trainings in Ferns because ive not seen anything at club level or in his games at county level to get so much time ahead of others. A good years experience for him though so hopefully brings him on for next year

1 Like

There’s a vulnerabilility to that Limerick team that only the likes of Joe Canning could unpluck.Clare came close too in fairness, thats something to draw upon

How the fuck did we win that :sweat_smile: cork should have been outta sight. We hung on and never gave up backboned by a rock solid goalie. Never thought I type those words.

Not having a solid free taker is a terrible mistake for a county with the hurling nous of cork. If Horgan was there simply to hit them we wouldn’t have had a sniff.

David Burke’s contribution can’t be over stated, carried it a few times gave nice easy passes. We are rudderless without him and in truth are anyway. We are fully reliant on players winning 50/50 at best balls, and making it all happen themselves. Which to their credit they do. We would, even with the miles on the legs, be very effective with a game plan where passes are directed low to half forwards not just blasted in long hit n hope. We still have better hulers than JPs monkeys but no system and not too much energy so no chance really. Leave Cooney at 6 for sure. At least we have decent corner backs and as good as a full back as has ever played in my book. He absolutely rocked harnedy, who had to come off. It was a full momentum changer. Even better was goggle eyes Daly wracking his few braincells trying to find a case that it was a foul before getting overheated and conceding it wasn’t. I don’t know how much of any improvement Henry has brought but nothing wrong with getting to semi finals on down years. We’ll rattle limerick for a while anyway.

11 Likes

Limerick potentially scoring 4 goals and a ten point + hiding, the narrative will be sown early doors ladies.

1 Like

There’s a bit of a ‘want’ in you, a right badminded little cunt.

1 Like

Lookit, we’ve bate the limericks up hill and down dale any time we’ve played them. They have the subtlety of a flying hatchet. It’s Clare in the wide spaces of croke park Im concerned about.

2 Likes

The ensuing hammering is getting you agitated you little prick, suck up the next two weeks ya fuck.

I couldn’t give a fuck either way. You’re a frustrated type of fella, all wound up.

1 Like

You are the epitome of a weirdo and have shown this over the years on here. A very strange reaction to an opinion for the game.

So the fact they turned from a joke to a competitive team when JPs money started pouring in is just a massive coincidence :rofl:

In an amateur competition, they’d be bottom of the pile, same as always, not able to produce the hurlers us, kk, tipp, cork, Clare, Waterford and in truth wexford produce. But the best team money can buy is having its day in the sun. Won’t always be the way but let them enjoy their hiatus from thomond park for a few years. They’ll be back there eventually.

@mundaneandwhite up your fucking game bro

2 Likes