All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

A great few weeks for the whest ahead. Clare and Galway still on for the double. Limerick hanging on in there in hurling. Kerry and mayo going at it in football… The rest of the misfortunes talk about being Irish, the whest knows.

1 Like

Two underwhelming games, that while close and exciting for a finish, never caught fire as hoped.

Probably the end for Kingston now? He’s a decent guy but in the cut throat world of championship hurling he’s just a bit off it.

Three or four years down the line of his second stint and the same failings repeating themselves. No idea how to use Tim O’Mahony effectively, Lehane going from the messiah to the fall guy and back, chopping and changing of personnel like Millerick, Meade, Kingston and co.

Even the way Hoggie was handled this year. Get a hold of him at the start of the year, tell him we need you off the bench with 25 mins left in every game to see them through. If you’re not happy with that, go. Instead he was dropped midway through and ambled along kind of aimlessly before the year petered out, and if they’d started him yesterday for the frees alone they’d have won. Like, the Dow was like a demon at not starting in ‘18 but he came on to win us the quarter final, semi final and final that year. Strong management and got its rewards.

Don’t mean to be down on the fella but Fitzgibbon is another one who needs a reality check. Same old, same old yesterday. You’d look at 0-03 from play and think that’s a decent return but you get little else off him otherwise. He just doesn’t want to know about work rate and all the unglamorous things that win you big championship matches. He probably has more skill and hurling than Will O’Donoghue, Ryan Taylor and Luke Meade but you’d pick those three over him every day of the week. Again, indulging a show pony which is a damning indictment of management.

Cork are such a frustrating team as they are somehow less than the sum of their parts. Robbie O’Flynn has stepped up and looks a championship hurler. Him, Connolly, Barrett, Jack O’Connor and the good Cadogan (badly under-utilised this year and in previous years) look a more than decent attack if coached correctly. Now it looks like Hoggie and Harnedy will depart and you’ve to replace your two best forwards of the last decade. More holes to fill.

Can’t believe I’m sticking up for them but with the right set up I don’t think they are far away. Things can change quickly with a bit of momentum. Keep the likes of The Rock away from any setup and get in smart, shrewd operators who won’t shy away from dumping the likes of Fitzgibbon.

It’s a strange world when a Galway goalkeeper is the best on view. His puck outs were excellent. He cost them the semi final in 2020 but we’ll see what he’s like in a fortnight. Daithi Burke is some yoke, pointless putting it in high because he’ll gobble it up, even against a top forward like Gillane.

The month gap is a disadvantage for the champions, no doubt. 2019 is still engraved into the memory. Whelan is just an incredible inside forward, even with septic service he’s capable of winning games on his own. Himself and Finn will be off the chain, two of the greats.

Ideal way to Galway to go into it, if they’d hammered Cork they’d be talked up. Nobody bar a loon in Manchester will give them a chance but they’ll fancy it. Championship games between the two tend to be tight, I can’t remember too many hammerings either way.

Would be quietly confident we’ll have enough but if we don’t turn up we won’t win. Simple as. Although you just know everything Galway hit will go over, they haven’t failed to score with an attacking sideline ball against us since about 1980. Fintan Burke will nail at least four of them.

The Joe Canning Derby. Supermacs v Super Champions. Macnas v Martinstown. Kiely v Shefflin.

Buzzing for it.

21 Likes

Pat Mcdonagh is reduced to evicting tenants from houses for quick sales to keep Galway going. We thought tenant evictions from big landlords was something only the English visited upon us and would never be seen again. But there you have it, Galway GAA must go on. Shefflin must be on savage wedge.

Fair point on some guys getting reffed differently and if it was one of those guys (eother tackler or tackled man) there would be uproar.

Do you have any replay of the hit? I only saw it live. Any Cork supporters in the killinan end went buck ape over the hit. No replay was show on screen

There was nothing wrong with that tackle. If a Cork back had done it, we (cork) would be raving about it.

8 Likes

It was a fair hit just about. Harnedy had no time to see it coming but it was shoulder on shoulder

1 Like

100 percent.

Fair shoulder but the point stands, plenty hurlers get a free for it.

They do and players get called for a foul for overhead pulling, players don’t get called for spare arm tackle etc., the game today is different from the original game. They should nearly scrap the rule book and start over again.

2 Likes

Limerick vs Galway gives us an opportunity to see some top, top internetting for the next two weeks. Will the Galway lads get together and chance their profile pics again? That was epic stuff

Wait till Hegarty flattens a lad with a shoulder and see what the Galway response is

1 Like

On a side note I forgot until yesterday just how painful Galway supporters are. Might be up there with Waterford. Half of them haven’t the foggiest of what is ahead of them.

1 Like

Every county has painful supporters

Loads of them

Ive only seen it live so if someone has the video i can re evaluate my opinion

1 Like

We’d Cork lads in front of us doing more shouting for Wexford than their own county in front of us. A gas breed.

Will ya stop will ya. There as far away as they’ve ever been in terms of winning the thing out. Miles off it all over the pitch. I presume Mulcahy and his sidekick will take over and it will be more ths same in terms of selection and soft cock hurling. Could v easily go a quarter of century without winning at this rate.

1 Like

Sure look 3 AIs and 4 Munster championships in the bag. Another semi final puts Likerick in bonus territory now

2 Likes

You Cunt :joy:

Were you the ref?