All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Umpire. Sure refs never listen to me

You made some Cunt of the Hawkeye signal

1 Like
1 Like

Have to justify the system by using it a few random times in the championship. I knew the answer already

It was a fair shoulder.

8 Likes

If you’re going to blow that, you may as well play tag hurling

4 Likes

Things can change quickly, kid.

Limerick were a rabble in 2015 and 2016, while Galway dished out a man shaming in the league semi final in 2017 also.

Cork have a core group of decent players there, IMO. But there seems to be no structure or strong management. The first round of the championship showed little was learned since last August. It took a couple of defeats for the penny to drop slightly and put the best centre back into centre back - that should have been decided months before.

Just crazy decisions. It’s always awkward for a manager having a son involved but Kingston Jnr gets hooked at the first sign of things going wrong. Other players like Coleman and Fitzgibbon are sacred cows and untouchable.

Hoggie finally got dropped but they put a real flaky hurler on the frees in his absence with predictable consequences.

It’s all on the hoof, no long term planning or vision.

2 Likes

Fair shoulder. Having a replay is great

1 Like

Corkness is gone lads!

1 Like

The two shots off the post that were cleared confirmed that … in bygone days Seanie Leary and the like would have had them opportunities in the net before the corner back moved his toe … even at the very end the Carkie defender driving the clearance out of sideline on his side was very unCork …

2 Likes

Tbf to Harnedy, he didn’t do much whinging himself.

Although his teammate who turned his back on him as he was trying to recycle the ball to scream at the ref, you’d wonder about the decision-making?

1 Like

Thought so too. The Cork fans were up in arms but I thought it epitomised the slight weakness in their team. Galway won that collision and worked the ball down field for Conor Cooney to hit a score which proved crucial.

It was a fair challenge, Harnedy was blindsided which made the impact harder as he could not react. As @Aristotle said, if his team mate helped to recycle the ball they would have gotten the score, instead he was complaining to the ref. The Cahalane incident still confuses me, a minute left and he is fist pumping an over carry rather than getting the ball and driving it up the park, he is one almighty spoofer.

1 Like

I thought it was a fair man and ball type shoulder, probably looks worse because it comes from Harnedy’s blind side and catches him unawares.

Thought it was odd in the second game that Liam Ryan fairly lined up Peter Duggan and nailed him clean in the chest with a shoulder on the 21 yet no yellow was given, but Diarmuid Ryan slightly mistimed a shoulder in the second half and Lyon’s booked him. It looks a far more innocuous tackle than Liam Ryan’s.

Not sure how after getting a score Cork could leave men free for the keeper to pick out, it happened four times where massive pot shots went over the bar.

The best they can muster up now is “come back to us when ye have 30”

1 Like

The rate we are picking them up we could be in a good position in 20 years :joy:.

1 Like

No reason why Limerick can’t win another 5/6 in the next ten to fifteen years when you take this squad, the players coming through and the malaise in other counties into account.

1 Like

Cork could easily be A/I contenders in 2023 or 2024 with two or three more abrasive or hard working hurlers plugged into their side.

I think a new broom in terms of management and style of hurling could see a big improvement in them. Their current style Just had too many limitations and will breakdown time and again against hard working teams

Semi final weekend will be off the charts here

3 Likes