All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

I hate that phrase that ‘we must give the attacking team the advantage’.

Another thing that grinds my gears is when a forward is fouled early in a move running through, but still gets a shot away for goal and its saved/wide, they always, always still get the free back. Like you got a shot away from 10 yards, what more advantage do you want?

1 Like

Cleary has taken over Barry Coughlan’s old mantle as the game’s pre-eminent puller and dragger at full-back.

1 Like

but he booked Nolan who fouled Chin. He wouldnt give a free to one player and then book a different player for a separate foul.

I think big dan is right though when he started pushing Chins free further away to the sideline, that was his get out and I think he may have copped it too late and by pushing Chin further to the sideline, he could say he thought the free was further out. Even though when he comes running in to book Nolan he is standing on the corner of the arc and the 21 in line with where the free occurred. It made no sense to tell Chin to move back and away, but in hindsight, this may be him trying to cover his mistake.

Fair point about Nolan and the booking.

Who’d be a ref, eh.

1 Like

John Keenan has given us the blueprint for reffing the modern game of hurling.

2 Likes

He was in Thurles on Saturday.

Unless you are called Hego

Hego is lucky he is allowed on the field at all, swinging a hurley like a hatchet from the first whistle to the last.

You need to take a break and focus on the development of hurling in the weaker counties.

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for.

There is a Tsunami of Snipers in Cooper Helmets coming in Tipp between 13-17.

Interesting… Would any of this cohort be rated as highly as Eoin Kelly was, say, at a really young age?

I hear there’s war over the season ticket selection process for the Galway-Limerick match. Seems that it was automatic assignment until 2.30pm today but now we can manually pick our seats (305 for yours truly).

Only positive is that I hear the ticket exchange is available.

The tickets offered weren’t bad though. I got a lovely seat in 306 just after 9am.

As of now there’s 562 left in 308 and 71 in 304

1 Like

There’s the guts of about 400 left in 307 for Galway but 305 seems to be the fast-seller with just over 100 left.

What are we looking at attendance wise?

45k for Clare v Kilkenny and 55k for limerick Galway?

This is where the GAA really falls down.

Market it and offer a package so a stand ticket for both matches is €75 or €80. Nope, show zero ambition to promote games and entice people to go to both.

In their defence a tenner per game for u-16’s is brilliant value. It was only a fiver for provincial games.

2 Likes

Ah here Cleary is marking hes man so tight now hes basically glueing himself to his man. Same craic on Saturday as the munster final. Constantly holding off the ball preventing runs. Nothing overly illegal for the CCCC etc like we seen in recent weeks. Hes on the edge and working for now. Great job hes getting away with it

Coleman picked never mind at centre back and never mind over Joyce is comedy.

2 Likes

Has the minor final been fixed yet?

Sunday 3rd July, 1.30 in Nowlan Park. Shame it is not a curtain raiser for Limerick v Galway.

2 Likes