All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Who knows… But he has been burning it up by all accounts.

PW is too loose for the half back line. Item: Paraic Mahony in 2016.

1 Like

Heard similar. I wonder will Cody put him on a 26 though?

Heard similar from a KK man at the weekend said they were in Johnstown house the weekend before last and the word was the training was off the charts, also had the same about Richie Hogan

Kilkenny’s front eight subs for Leinster Final:

Conor Browne
Cillian Buckley
James Maher
Alan Murphy
Tom Phelan
PĂĄdraig Walsh
Walter Walsh

You would have to imagine at least TP is in bother for the 26. Maybe a couple more.

The panel are a bit taken aback by the standard of training over the last fortnight or so. Blew up out of almost nowhere. Two players said same, separately, to a friend of mine about Johnstown House.

Kilkenny also played 40 minutes of hurling, in ten minute segments, last Saturday evening in Nowlan Park. The same two players said they had never seen hurling in training like it.

I think Kilkenny have a decent chance, if these showings spool out of the training ground.

Is the Upper Hogan open on Sunday?

I have a spare (free) ticket for the Off The Ball Hurling Roadshow in Dolans Warehouse in Limerick tonight, show kicks off at 8pm. Semi finals previewed, guests include James Skehill, Paul Murphy and Joe Quaid.

Anyone interested PM me.

Haven’t seen any tickets for it appear on sale yet.

Ah here. That’s a wing backs dream scenario. Just stand inside him and block his run. Have you ever actually played the game?!

1 Like

A mighty sound gesture.

Joe Quaid always comes across as a sound character at these type of things.

2 Likes

I do not agree. If wing back goes that road, a smart run brings wing forward inside him. Equally, this approach is a handy way of pinning a wing back out wide, away from centre back, if the puckout is going down on centre forward. Wing forward on other side could do same.

Puckout set up should not be static and is a matter of bluff and counter bluff.

Yes, I played. At what level did you hurl? And have you any imagination?

I’ve played at high enough a level that you know that whatever runs take place before the ball is pucked out you need to be attacking the ball face on on to snatch it in the paw. Otherwise you’d want to be Stephen hendry figuring out the angles, velocity and pace and so on. You suggested a lad stand with his back to the crowd and use his hurl as a shield and just saunter on to the field to catch a ball. Come on now. Are you serious. You do realise the fundamentals of the game don’t you!

2 Likes

“saunter”… Bless.

Stop making a flute of yourself. Or do not. No difference to me.

Predictably, most predictably, you are unwilling/unable to address the deeper points I made.

No adressing the point so. Carry on. I’m sure the Oxford hurling society back you up 100% :joy:

A gent. Great character too.

We’d have savage respect for Joe

2 Likes

You’re looking well there. Lovely pink t-shirt.

2 Likes

You don’t know who the middle guy is??

cc @Copper_pipe As West Limerick as a stuffing and curry chip

I’d have a friend from NCW and was out there before. Wouldn’t know a great deal more about West Limerick. Football country isn’t it?