All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Is it Coalisland cu(e)ist Dennis Taylor?

2 Likes

I tried to catch a long puckout once running along the 45 across the pitch towards it at full tilt. It hit me on the head.

9 Likes

Explains a lot flatty

9 Likes

Traditionally yes but changing now, they’re up Premier Intermediate in the hurling and have a raft of underage players in the hurling academy, the cunts. Their underage football meanwhile is going the opposite way.

If you were out in NCW before I garauntee you that man served you a pint, with a free grunt.

2 Likes

He’d be more famous than Taylor, a bigger social media following than him anyway

Oxford… Tis so obvious, with the small mickey merchants.

I addressed all the points. You could not.

Smiley smiley smiley…

All the way to inanity.

By the way, you know nothing worthwhile about hurling.

Then again, let us not expect, in all fairness, too much hurling barley from a small townland in County Ignorance.

Would Deegan and PĂĄdraig Walsh work in midfield?

I see midfield as our biggest blocker to progress.

It was a right oul belt too. Missed it by a fair bit with the hand and took it right in the faceguard at full tilt :joy:
I was sure I was going to catch it.

3 Likes

He loves to see the Drom crowd arrive on a Saturday night. We’re tremendous fun.

I’m sure he does.

A veteran of the Twitter Covid Vaccine Wars, the equivalent of two tours in 'Nam.

That’s a misnomer. I’m going demonstrate by means of that crude map below. The clubs in the most western part of the division are football ones (yellow), as are most of the ones along the Estuary. The southern half of the division and the near side of West Limerick deal almost exclusively in hurling (peach). Drom-Broadford on the Cork border are an anomaly - a traditionally hurling club that found out they were quite good at football in the late 90s.

It’s roughly an even split - 23 clubs - 11 that are primarily hurling, 12 that are primarily football. Some clubs like Adare and NCW could be considered true dual clubs these days.

4 Likes

Neither NCW or adare have much crossover though do they? More like clubs with hurling and football. Same with na piarsaigh

Fogarty + 1 for me. He looked like he was approaching something like his previous doings at midfield in the LF.
Experienced but mightn’t have the legs for a hard 70 plus like used to.
Mullen is well capable of being the accompanying dagger to his bludgeon in the sector.

Yes that’s true. In fact theres a vocal minority of football people in Adare who have no time for their hurling counterparts. There isn’t much crossover.

Nothing wrong with it. In my mind a dual club has broadly the same team for both codes and maybe wins one of each before being burnt out

Not at all, Tis to be admired.

Overlay the topography on it

Excellent post, Walter to a tee

2 Likes

Ah I’d say that NCW would have a fair bit of crossover. Particularly considering the size of the town, you’d be surprised how many big players would play both codes- Diarmuid Kelly, Bryan Nix, Brian Hurley, Seamus Hurley, Eoin Hurley, Mike Mac, Lee Woulfe… that’s half your team straight away.

1 Like

Ah Drom/Broadford is a Hurling Club with a Football problem!

Who have you in the 11 Hurling clubs? Starting furthest West off top of my head and forgive my geography now

Templeglantine
Tournafulla
Monagea
Killeedy
Knockaderry
Feohanagh/Castlemahon
Feenagh/Kilmeedy
Granagh/Ballingarry
Croagh/Kilfinny
Adare
Askeaton

You’d have to add Newcastle West who are now Premier Intermediate, the 2nd highest grade? That makes 12

Drom/Broadford won the County Junior Hurling Championship in 2015 I think? County Semi Finalists again in 2020.

That’s 13 clubs who take their Hurling seriously is the way I’d put it. Traditionally (since the late 90s anyway) Football would have been given more importance and resources in both NCW and Drom but I think that’s changing in NCW at least.

Then you have Rathkeale who were recently Senior Football but contested Co Junior Hurling Final in recent years

St. Kierans are certainly primarily a Football club but were last year’s beaten Junior finalists too

Sole Football Clubs, starting furthest West would be??

Athea
Fr. Caseys
Mountcollins
Glin
Gerald Griffins
St. Senans
Cappagh
Ballysteen

Ballysteen same parish as Askeaton so hurl with them and Mountcollins same parish as Tournafulla so they play with them?

A lot of Abbeyfeale lads hurl with Templeglantine or Tournafulla I’m told.

And Athea have started underage Hurling, I spotted they’re fielding at u13 anyway